New puppy!

Old May 24th 05, 07:42 PM
Janet B

Default New puppy!

But he's only a loaner.

He's ~12 weeks old and was found on the streets with his mother. For
spending that time with her, and the fact that she didn't let other
dogs near him, he's shockingly well adjusted, doesn't seem to care
that he left his mother for the first time this morning, and is great
with Franklin and lucy (and vice versa).

He arrived at 7 a.m. and since then, has romped, napped, romped,
napped some more, then some more, then some more romping (it's raining
all day here - yuck - but he and Franklin don't care!) and racing
around the yard. He loves tennis balls, which means he has plenty to
choose from in this house! Right now, he's back in nap mode.

Click on my yahoo photos link and go to "puppy" album to see the
little guy. I don't know how long I'll have him, so I don't want to
give him a name I may want to use in the future, but "puppy" is
inadequate. Right now, it may be Buddy, Peanut, Pupster or for some
reason - Slider.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old May 24th 05, 07:55 PM
ceb

Janet B wrote in
:

Click on my yahoo photos link and go to "puppy" album to see the
little guy.

Oh my, he's all extra cute!

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old May 24th 05, 08:18 PM
Janet B

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:55:50 +0000 (UTC), ceb
wrote:

Oh my, he's all extra cute!

isn't he though? And he's darling and sweet. And now his name is
Alex. He's being named because of the "saddle" of shaved hair on his
back, for the Preakness winner - Afleet Alex. Don't know if his
future owners will keep it, but I like it!

Old May 24th 05, 08:46 PM

on 2005-05-24 at 14:42 wrote:

Click on my yahoo photos link and go to "puppy" album to see
the little guy.

what a sweet looking boy!

I don't know how long I'll have him, so I don't want to give
him a name I may want to use in the future, but "puppy" is
inadequate. Right now, it may be Buddy, Peanut, Pupster or
for some reason -

just don't spend the next two months calling him Puppy Chow.
trust me. if you do that, the naming decision will eventually
be taken away from you by folks who think you're a big
meanypants for waffling over picking out a *real* name. y0u
hAv3 b33n wArN3d.

Slider.

i like that!

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)
Old May 24th 05, 08:47 PM

on 2005-05-24 at 15:18 wrote:

isn't he though? And he's darling and sweet. And now his
name is Alex.

oooh! i like that even more than Slider. *very* well done!

Old May 25th 05, 11:18 PM
Alison

"Janet B" wrote in message
But he's only a loaner.

He's ~12 weeks old and was found on the streets with his mother.

For
spending that time with her, and the fact that she didn't let other
dogs near him, he's shockingly well adjusted, doesn't seem to care
that he left his mother for the first time this morning, and is

great
with Franklin and lucy (and vice versa).

I'm glad he's safe. What happened to his mum?
Alison

Old May 26th 05, 11:34 AM
Janet B

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:18:19 +0100, "Alison"
wrote:

I'm glad he's safe. What happened to his mum?
Alison

She's with my friends, being further evaluated. She's a bit dog
aggressive, but that could be hormonal.