had the pup fixed a month ago.

Old June 4th 05, 04:40 PM
Trog

Default had the pup fixed a month ago.

We have three dogs. Two old *******s, around 10, and the third one the
pup, 8 mnths old. He was castrated about 6 weeks ago. The old
russle/foxy/terrier cross something or other is entire. Sasha, the
bitch is fixed. Anyway, I heard somewhere that if a dogs castrated, he
no longer gives off a male smell. So as far as an entire male dog is
concerned a castrated dog must be a female as the castrated animal dont
smell like a male. Would that account for the old guy with his nuts
gettin horny with the pup ?

cheers.
Old June 5th 05, 03:36 AM
Rocky

Trog said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Anyway, I heard somewhere that if a dogs castrated, he
no longer gives off a male smell. So as far as an entire
male dog is concerned a castrated dog must be a female as
the castrated animal dont smell like a male. Would that
account for the old guy with his nuts gettin horny with the
pup ?

Paraphrased from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: "Almost
everything you know is wrong." This includes humping.

Nick, your old guy's response is just his way of showing who's
who in your house. Sometimes, though, it's just play, so use
your best judgement.

Old June 5th 05, 09:08 AM
Trog

Rocky wrote:
Trog said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Anyway, I heard somewhere that if a dogs castrated, he
no longer gives off a male smell. So as far as an entire
male dog is concerned a castrated dog must be a female as
the castrated animal dont smell like a male. Would that
account for the old guy with his nuts gettin horny with the
pup ?

Paraphrased from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: "Almost
everything you know is wrong." This includes humping.

Nick, your old guy's response is just his way of showing who's
who in your house. Sometimes, though, it's just play, so use
your best judgement.

eh, think its a bit more than play when he's standing there, after
working himself up into the state, with an engorged erect penis. I
mean, the dogs horny dude. Which is why I wonder if the reason is that
there is no male smell from the castrated dog.

cheers
Old June 5th 05, 01:52 PM
White Monkey

eh????

Resident loony troll. Ignore or killfile him. He won't go away.
--Katrina

Old June 5th 05, 03:22 PM
Michael A. Ball

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 03:40:22 +1200, Trog wrote:

We have three dogs. .. the third one the
pup, 8 mnths old... was castrated about 6 weeks ago... Would that account for the old guy with his nuts
gettin horny with the pup?

No.

Testicles are not the only source of testosterone. [And ovaries are not
the only source of progesterone.] Both genders have both of these
hormones.

Your male puppy still smells like a male.

When I die, I want to go where dogs go!
Old June 5th 05, 04:02 PM
Trog

White Monkey wrote:

eh????

Resident loony troll. Ignore or killfile him. He won't go away.
--Katrina

why do you think Im a troll? I dont get it. Im just asking a question
about the dogs. geesh
Old June 5th 05, 04:36 PM

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 03:02:44 +1200, Trog wrote:

why do you think Im a troll? I dont get it. Im just asking a question
about the dogs. geesh

geesh yourself, Nick. Katrina was addressing your question about
Jerry's post. she's telling you to ignore him, because he's a troll.
not like you need to be told that, though. you've been around her long
enough to know better.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

My ass contemplates those who talk behind my back.
-- Francis Picabia

Old June 5th 05, 04:39 PM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:08:40 +1200, Trog wrote:

eh, think its a bit more than play when he's standing there, after
working himself up into the state, with an engorged erect penis. I
mean, the dogs horny dude. Which is why I wonder if the reason is that
there is no male smell from the castrated dog.

for your theory to make *any* sense, neutered males would have to be
emitting bitch-in-heat scent. do you really think that's at *all*
likely?

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

fools.
-- Douglas Adams

Old June 6th 05, 02:11 AM
Trog

shelly wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 03:02:44 +1200, Trog wrote:

why do you think Im a troll? I dont get it. Im just asking a question
about the dogs. geesh

geesh yourself, Nick. Katrina was addressing your question about
Jerry's post. she's telling you to ignore him, because he's a troll.
not like you need to be told that, though. you've been around her long
enough to know better.

I dunno what the jer's probelms is. but eh, not my probelm. and if I
mistook what she said then apoligies. I thought she was referin to me.
(shrug)
Old June 6th 05, 02:18 AM
Trog

shelly wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:08:40 +1200, Trog wrote:

eh, think its a bit more than play when he's standing there, after
working himself up into the state, with an engorged erect penis. I
mean, the dogs horny dude. Which is why I wonder if the reason is that
there is no male smell from the castrated dog.

for your theory to make *any* sense, neutered males would have to be
emitting bitch-in-heat scent. do you really think that's at *all*
likely?

I honestly don't know. I'm pretty sure I picked the idea up in a dog
book somewhere. I may have got it wrong. However, it does make sense
to me that if a dog has testosterone and male hormones etc produced by
the testes then perhaps the lack of that male smell could confuse a dog
into thinking that the dog isnt male. Let's face it, dog's work on the
basics of behavior. They smell more than we do and yet lack the
cognitive thinking that we as humans have.

Just a thought.

10 month GSD Q Dog behavior 2 January 1st 05 02:24 PM
11 Month Old Dog Chewing Ryan J. Louisa Dog behavior 0 September 9th 04 06:19 AM
11 month old Pekinese LP Dog behavior 0 June 6th 04 07:59 PM
10 month old Labrador aggressive elisa Dog behavior 244 November 23rd 03 12:57 AM
10 month old Labrador aggressive elisa Dog behavior 0 November 18th 03 09:53 AM