Do you want a website to display your current puppies?

Old June 6th 05, 04:42 AM
Open Source Code

Default Do you want a website to display your current puppies?

I'm in the market for a Norwich or Carin Terrier Puppy. If there are
any breeders that have these puppies and want to exchange one for me
developing them a websites such as this one:
http://www.prairierosekennel.com/rose/index.php?id=3 let me know. Your
website will have the exact functionality as the one I've listed but it
will contain Custom Graphics of your business and your content.

Old June 6th 05, 05:18 AM
Robin Nuttall

Open Source Code wrote:
I'm in the market for a Norwich or Carin Terrier Puppy. If there are
any breeders that have these puppies and want to exchange one for me
developing them a websites such as this one:
http://www.prairierosekennel.com/rose/index.php?id=3 let me know. Your
website will have the exact functionality as the one I've listed but it
will contain Custom Graphics of your business and your content.

Well for one thing, the website you posted is a mill-type business. For
another, your web design skills are pretty marginal. Things work but
that's not exactly what I'd advertise as a professional looking page.

Oh, and my credentials? Been designing sites since 1994 (Netscape 1.1!)
and actually have an art degree with training in design.

Old June 6th 05, 08:00 AM
Open Source Code

Now now Robin... Tell me you were just having a bad evening and you
really didn't mean what you said. Little ol me is just looking for a
cute little puppy that I can call my own.

Then again, if you seriously think you are better Puppy Website
Designer than me. Maybe we can have a little contest...

I see you ;-)

http://www.ddgraphix.com/portfolio.html

Old June 6th 05, 08:47 AM
Diana

"Open Source Code" wrote in message
oups.com...
Now now Robin... Tell me you were just having a bad evening and you
really didn't mean what you said. Little ol me is just looking for a
cute little puppy that I can call my own.

Then again, if you seriously think you are better Puppy Website
Designer than me. Maybe we can have a little contest...

I see you ;-)

http://www.ddgraphix.com/portfolio.html

Do you not get the bit that there probably isn't one person looking on in
this group that is sickened by the mere thought of puppy milling?

Diana

Old June 6th 05, 01:11 PM
Robin Nuttall

Open Source Code wrote:

Then again, if you seriously think you are better Puppy Website
Designer than me. Maybe we can have a little contest...

I see you ;-)

http://www.ddgraphix.com/portfolio.html

Thanks for the plug! I think I'll leave it up to others to decide who is
the better site designer, me or you.

You want a puppy. You don't want to pay for it in cash so you want to
trade a website. And the one you're showing as a sample of your sterling
design skills is a) amateurish at best, and b) advertising a puppy mill.
Why don't you just get a puppy from that mill? Or is this really a way
to sell puppies through that site disguised as an attempt by you to get
a puppy?

Old June 6th 05, 02:17 PM

on 2005-06-06 at 00:00 wrote:

Now now Robin... Tell me you were just having a bad evening
and you really didn't mean what you said. Little ol me is
just looking for a cute little puppy that I can call my own.

do you intend to barter web design to your vet in lieu of
services?

Then again, if you seriously think you are better Puppy
Website Designer than me. Maybe we can have a little
contest...

you're joking, right?

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)
Old June 6th 05, 02:21 PM

on 2005-06-06 at 12:11 wrote:

Thanks for the plug! I think I'll leave it up to others to
decide who is the better site designer, me or you.

this guy has *got* to be blind, trolling, or pig ignorant. or
all three.

Or is this really a way to sell puppies through that site
disguised as an attempt by you to get a puppy?

i'll take door number 3, Bob! (of course, that still doesn't
preclude the OP from being blind and pig ignorant.)

Old June 6th 05, 03:09 PM

On 5 Jun 2005 20:42:44 -0700 Open Source Code whittled these words:
I'm in the market for a Norwich or Carin Terrier Puppy. If there are
any breeders that have these puppies and want to exchange one for me
developing them a websites such as this one:
http://www.prairierosekennel.com/rose/index.php?id=3 let me know. Your
website will have the exact functionality as the one I've listed but it
will contain Custom Graphics of your business and your content.

In this forum we discuss breeding practices. So it is a great place to
get information on how to identify a good breeder. It is not necessarily
a good site to look for people who breed for profit (good
breeding practices are inconsistent with profit making) or for people
who may love theit dogs but don't know how to breed well (they don't know
what they don't know - and often they don't care). So what kind of help
you can get here depends upon what kind of breeder you are looking for,
and what kind of effort you are willing to spend to get it.

I don't have a problem with barter. Keep in mind, howe ver, that low
cost and low price are often not the same thing. You can buy a car from
a manufacturer with a reputation for long life and few problems, or you
can buy one from a reputation for frequent breakdowns and problems. It
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the second one may be
cheaper to purchse, but not necessarily cheaper to own. For some reason
people haven't quite figured that out with dogs. I suppose I can see
wahy. I, too, am loathe to compare my companion to a truck or a toaster.
Yet if all goes well I'll have my pet a lot longer than my vehicle so it
is probably a good idea to think about those things. The point is that if
you barter for a puppy and you aren't using a great deal of care in
choosing the breeder (and barter will make it much harder) you need to
figure out how you will work out the medical needs that often accompany
careless breeding. Like that vehicle we aren't talking certainty, only
risk. A great manufacturere can have a lousy individual car, and a lousy
manufacturer can have a good one. One big difference is (a) the care they
take to work towards the good one and (b) what they do about it if it
doesn't turn out to be a good one.

My personal philosophy is this. I don't mind taking a risk on a pet that
might not be all it should, but I damned sure am not going to reward the
person who created it. Thus my companions come from either (a) breeders
that meet my idea of responsible breeding (see
http://dog-play.com/ethics.html ) or (b) rescues or shelters.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old June 6th 05, 03:19 PM

On 5 Jun 2005 20:42:44 -0700 Open Source Code whittled these words:
I'm in the market for a Norwich or Carin Terrier Puppy. If there are
any breeders that have these puppies and want to exchange one for me
developing them a websites such as this one:
http://www.prairierosekennel.com/rose/index.php?id=3 let me know. Your
website will have the exact functionality as the one I've listed but it
will contain Custom Graphics of your business and your content.

I can certainly understsand why ou wouldn't want to use that particular
client as your source. Good for you for recognizing them as poor breeders
with a pathetic lack of concern for their dogs. The health "guaranteee" on
that site is worthless and would be illegal in many states.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old June 6th 05, 04:12 PM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Or is this really a way
to sell puppies through that site disguised as an attempt
by you to get a puppy?

The final part of the URL he posted (index.php?id=3): Doesn't
that indicate he's getting a kickback of some sort?

FWIW, I went to the website (sans "?id=3") and think that it's
done up better than most puppymilling websites I've seen. Of
course, better != good.