Nervous

Old June 10th 05, 09:36 PM
ceb

Suja wrote in news:UImqe.29110$iU.4626@lakeread05:

It is finally done. The dogs will be boarded while we go and visit my
cousin in Philly on the 4th of July weekend, and it will be the first
time for them. They are going to 'The Furry Farm', which came
recommended to me by a dog park friend.

I feel for you, I really do. I basically haven't gone anywhere without a
dog since getting Zoe 3.5 years ago. It's hard to board them but they will
have each other and it sounds like you found a good place, what with the
play groups and all. And the air conditioning!

I sympathize with your rant too -- it's hard for me to understand people
who don't want dogs in the house -- what is WRONG with them???

PS I have cousins in Philadelphia too.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old June 10th 05, 09:37 PM
Suja

Default Nervous

It is finally done. The dogs will be boarded while we go and visit my
cousin in Philly on the 4th of July weekend, and it will be the first
time for them. They are going to 'The Furry Farm', which came
recommended to me by a dog park friend. The lady on the phone sounded
lovely, and more importantly, sensible. I am still nervous. Hopefully,
the dogs will be fine and they will behave in our absence.

The dogs will be staying in a 6 x 4 ft. climate controlled room, which
sounds a little small. But, they will be spending a good bit of their
time in playgroups, and between that and the weather, will hopefully be
much too tired to much care about the cramped quarters.

rant
It pisses me off no end that I have to board the dogs instead of taking
them with us. Said cousin professes to love dogs, and offered that they
can stay in her garage, 'cause she doesn't want them messing up her
pristine house. If it weren't for a) my parents who are laying a guilt
trip on me and b) the fact that I haven't ever visited them despite
living a couple of hours away, we won't be going anywhere.

Now at least I have returned that visit, and won't be going back any
time soon because of the very legitimate reason that it is much too
expensive to visit her because of the boarding fees (that are quite
reasonable, BTW).
/rant

Suja
Old June 11th 05, 03:32 AM
HouseODogs

Hi Suja,

Where is the Furry Farm located? I have never heard of them. Do they have
a web site?

I highly recommend www.dogtownmaryland.com in Brandywine MD. It is an
awesome facility.

Lea

Old June 11th 05, 06:59 PM
Suja

HouseODogs wrote:
Where is the Furry Farm located? I have never heard of them. Do they have
a web site?

Someone from the dog park recommended them to me, Lea. It's in
Fredericksburg, VA, off Route 3. From what I was told, the dogs are out
from 7-10, have breakfast between 10-11, are out from 11-1, in to rest
from 1-5, have dinner between 5-6, and are back out to play again until
about 8. They have 5 separate areas, and depending on how everyone gets
along, can have as many as 5 play groups, and the dogs in the groups are
chosen for their temperament. The prices are pretty reasonable as well.
I'll be visiting on Wednesday, and can tell you more once I get back.
Their web site is at http://www.furryfarm.net/

I highly recommend www.dogtownmaryland.com in Brandywine MD. It is an
awesome facility.

Looks great. I'll look into them next time.

Suja
Old June 12th 05, 01:57 AM
HouseODogs

Hi,

Craig Jolly, who is the owner and head trainer, of Tri-State K9 (otherwise
known as DogTown) was my first advanced obedience instructor. Craig is a
firm, but fair trainer. If you told him that you wanted your dog treated in
a particular manner, he would undoubtedly follow your wishes. He can handle
dogs of just about any temperament. I would not hesitate to leave my dogs
in the care of Cindy and Craig. They are dog lovers to the max!

If your dogs did well at Club Pet, they would be in heaven at DogTown!

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Old June 14th 05, 06:51 AM
Rocky

Melanie L Chang said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I'm looking for somewhere
that could handle Solo (and Fly and Skeeter, of course, but
I worry mostly about Solo) in case I had to emergency board
while I'm in NoVA.

I'd love to take in Solo, Fly, Skeeter, Pan, and Khan - I'd even
offer an rpdb discount, but I'm a little out of the way.

Seriously, aren't there any little operations like mine in your
area?

Old June 14th 05, 02:03 PM
Suja

Rocky wrote:

I'd love to take in Solo, Fly, Skeeter, Pan, and Khan

Hopefully, not all at the same time. Although, I'd probably pay money
to watch if you did.

I'd even
offer an rpdb discount, but I'm a little out of the way.

The way things are around here, it may actually be more economical to
fly them all out and back if we're going away for long vacations. Our
last trip cost us about $600 (2 dogs, 21 days), which is still cheap by
NoVA standards.

Seriously, aren't there any little operations like mine in your
area?

I seriously doubt it. If there is, it is a well kept secret.

Suja