It's Raining.

Old June 11th 05, 01:16 PM
Rosemary

Default It's Raining.

It rained today!

For the first time in 17 months in fact, so we are all very excited
here. A big party going on not only for the humans but for the dogs as
well.

It was fun to watch our dogs, playing chases in the rain, rolling in
and out the muddy puddles like pigs in a sty. Barking with excitement
as if they knew how important the occaision was. 2 of them are now
adults and had never seen rain before.

I think they were having more fun than we were, but what a mess they
were, head to tail in thick red mud. Dogs certainly know how to have
dirty fun. We don't care though, the wonderful rain is a very very
welcome around here.

Rosemary.

Old June 12th 05, 12:18 AM

HOWEDY Rosemary,

Rosemary wrote:
It rained today!

Yeah? We call THAT liquid sunshine here in Florida.

For the first time in 17 months in fact,

Whoa! That's AWFUL! HOWE did you keep your
sheep alive, Rosemary?

so we are all very excited here.

No DHOWET!

A big party going on not only for the humans
but for the dogs as well.

Good for you.

It was fun to watch our dogs, playing chases in
the rain, rolling in and out the muddy puddles
like pigs in a sty. Barking with excitement
as if they knew how important the occaision was.

I'll bet!

2 of them are now adults and had never seen rain before.

Was just thinkin of that. Must be a much bigger
event than a dog familiar with rain, seein snow
for the first time.

I think they were having more fun than we were,

Of curse!

but what a mess they were, head to tail in thick
red mud. Dogs certainly know how to have dirty fun.

Yeah. Kids too!

We don't care though, the wonderful rain is a very
very welcome around here.

Glad to hear it. The Amazing Puppy Wizard has seen
a couple of droughts and it AIN'T PRETTY {) : ~ (

Rosemary.

ENJOY!

The Amazing Puppy Wizard {) ; ~ )

Old June 12th 05, 07:09 AM
Rosemary

On 11 Jun 2005 16:18:54 -0700, wrote:

Hi There Puppy Wizard.

Yeah? We call THAT liquid sunshine here in Florida.

The drought here has been the worst in living memoy, and many stations
have had to close or, like us, severely reduce livestock numbers.
Fortunately the last time it did rain, it was torrential and all of
the dams filled to capacity. We have even lined some of the dams to
prevent loss, but after such a long dry spell we had to rely mostly on
bore water the keep things going. The dams are already starting to
collect after yesterdays falls.

Whoa! That's AWFUL! HOWE did you keep your
sheep alive, Rosemary?

The sheep prefer to graze but we have had no choice but to shed
numbers and truck in feed/water for the rest. It's going to be a
pretty lean year for the sheep industry all over the counrty, but we
are still hopefull of bouncing back quickly.

Most of Australia is drought declared at present, even Sydney's water
supply is drying up and no one is allowed to wash cars, or use
sprinklers. They are not allowed to water gardens more than once a
week. So you can see why we worship the rains in this country even
when there is not a drought it's really is a big event.

Glad to hear it. The Amazing Puppy Wizard has seen
a couple of droughts and it AIN'T PRETTY {) : ~ (

It's been scary but not all doom and gloom.
We are hoping for back up rains now. The forecast is looking good so
we'll keep our fingers crossed, and hope for more muddy dog parties.

Thankyou for the nice reply.

Rosemary

Old June 12th 05, 09:29 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:16:22 +1000 Rosemary whittled these words:
It rained today!

For the first time in 17 months in fact, so we are all very excited
here. A big party going on not only for the humans but for the dogs as
well.

It has been raining here too - but no parties for us. Grapes and cherries
don't do well in wet warm weather after the fruit is set.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/