Nine month old puppy overly lethargic

Old June 12th 05, 10:25 PM

Default Nine month old puppy overly lethargic

About two month ago, we rescued a golder retriever mix puppy. She is
now nine and a half months old. She goes on our walks with us, but any
moment she is let off the leash, she just sits down. She also trails
when my wife takes her for a run. Also when she is at home she just
lies under a chair or table all day long. If anyone calls her, she will
come over to be pet for about a minute or two before returning back to
lie down. She seems way too lethargic for a puppy and it is difficult
to bond. She just went to the vet last week for a tummy bug and had a
series of blood tests run. The tests were all negative. Any comments or
advice is greatly appreciated.

Old June 12th 05, 10:46 PM
Sionnach

She just went to the vet last week for a tummy bug and had a
series of blood tests run. The tests were all negative.

Did the blood tests include checking for Lymes? If your vet knows his/her
stuff, it will have been screened for, but it's worth double-checking.

The only other thing that immediately comes to mind is to wonder if you've
had her x-rayed to check for hip dysplasia or other joint problems. There's
a high incidence of CHD in Golden Retrievers, and her disinclination to move
could be pain-based.

Old June 12th 05, 10:58 PM
MauiJNP

wrote in message
oups.com...
About two month ago, we rescued a golder retriever mix puppy. She is
now nine and a half months old. She goes on our walks with us, but any
moment she is let off the leash, she just sits down. She also trails
when my wife takes her for a run. Also when she is at home she just
lies under a chair or table all day long. If anyone calls her, she will
come over to be pet for about a minute or two before returning back to
lie down. She seems way too lethargic for a puppy and it is difficult
to bond. She just went to the vet last week for a tummy bug and had a
series of blood tests run. The tests were all negative. Any comments or
advice is greatly appreciated.

has she always been this way? how's the weather there? my dog is pretty
mello with the temperature on the rise. the only other thing I can think of
is did she have any tick medicine lately? I gave my dog some tick meds that
go on his body and he had a bad reaction to it that left him borderline
comatose for two straight days. good luck and congrats on the puppy!

WOW!! [email protected] Dog behavior 13 July 1st 05 06:52 PM
King Barker [email protected] Dog breeds 1 June 11th 05 02:38 AM
Giving Medicine / Dog Bite [email protected] Dog behavior 0 April 10th 05 01:58 AM
Missing his parents Lemony Fresh Dog behavior 7 March 3rd 05 04:03 AM
dog urinates on everything pooteo Dog behavior 1 February 18th 05 09:57 AM