Biting?

Old June 15th 05, 03:00 PM
mabigwiz mabigwiz is offline
Junior Member

Default Biting?

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever. Lately we have had problems with her nipping and biting at our clothes and heels when we go outside with her. Of course when she is going for our clothes she is getting our skin on accident. When she begins this we go neutral walk in to the house. My feeling is she is trying to engange us in play, but the going neutral does not appear to be working. Any suggestions?
Old June 15th 05, 08:38 PM
Janet B

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:00:47 +0000, mabigwiz
, wrote:

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever. Lately we have had problems with
her nipping and biting at our clothes and heels when we go outside with
her. Of course when she is going for our clothes she is getting our skin
on accident. When she begins this we go neutral walk in to the house. My
feeling is she is trying to engange us in play, but the going neutral
does not appear to be working. Any suggestions?

what are you DOING when outside with her? Does she come back in the
house with you? Does she stop the behavior?

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old June 15th 05, 08:49 PM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:00:47 +0000 mabigwiz whittled these words:

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever. Lately we have had problems with
her nipping and biting at our clothes and heels when we go outside with
her. Of course when she is going for our clothes she is getting our skin
on accident. When she begins this we go neutral walk in to the house. My
feeling is she is trying to engange us in play, but the going neutral
does not appear to be working. Any suggestions?

Have you taken a class that teaches you how to train your dog? You will
get a lot more value out of that then waiting for problems to occur and
solving them one by one.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/