Stole my web site!

Old June 18th 05, 05:18 AM

Default Stole my web site!

I'm speechless with anger
http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old June 18th 05, 06:25 AM
Tee

wrote in message ...

I'm speechless with anger
http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

They have their website copyrighted too, or at least claim to. They can't
copyright stolen material that is already copyrighted. I'm betting you have
good grounds for legal action if they don't immediately delete all content
stolen from you.

--
Tara

Old June 18th 05, 06:31 AM

HOWEDY Master Of Deception blankman,

wrote:

I'm speechless with anger

Your anti psychotic medication wore HOWET on you?

http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

And they ain't very bright either. Your sit
got the most viciHOWES inaccurate inapupriate
collection of GARBAGE than any other site on
the WWW. You're a liar a dog abuser a coward
and active acute long term incurable MENTAL
CASE.

Old June 18th 05, 07:21 AM

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 01:25:26 -0400 Tee whittled these words:
wrote in message ...

I'm speechless with anger
http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

They have their website copyrighted too, or at least claim to. They can't
copyright stolen material that is already copyrighted. I'm betting you have
good grounds for legal action if they don't immediately delete all content
stolen from you.

Unless I can come up with a US entity to deal with, threats of legal
action are going to be kind of empty. I've dealt with dozens of sites
taking stuff, all but one in North America. I've had to send lawyer
letters only twice. The one not in NA ignored me.

Old June 18th 05, 09:54 AM
Diana

wrote in message ...

I'm speechless with anger
http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
http://dogplay.com/Shop/dogplayshop.htm

Not being an expert on these things at all, but curiosity led me to have a
peek, and imo, all the information looked 'made-up'...

xhlofzxhl (C9351710-LRMS)
2 Xiang, Lane 2 of Juxian Stre
Guangzhou, Guangdong 510000
CN
Phone: +1.0000000000

but it looks like the site was bought from here?
http://www.domaindiscover.com/

Can you have a word with them?

Good luck

Diana

--
Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Old June 18th 05, 12:48 PM

In article , wrote:
I'm speechless with anger
http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

The business providing the server it runs on is in
California. I'd get in touch with them and let them know
that they're hosting a website that was stolen from you and
that you're an attorney (you are, right?). Also, this is
probably a stretch but I'd try getting in touch with their
registrar, and if that doesn't work (I'm guessing they're in
China, too) kick it up to Afilias (afilias.info), who's got
ultimate responsibility for domain registry operations for
..info.

That said, there's really not that much that can be done
about China and intellectual property theft. They're
stealing everything that's not nailed down, and a few things
that are. I was recently searching for a Canada Goose parka
and discovered a bunch of Chinese knockoffs being auctioned
off on Ebay. It's amazingly pervasive.

43% of all private-sector jobs created in the US
from 2001 to April 2005 are housing-related
Old June 18th 05, 03:54 PM

On 18 Jun 2005 09:11:03 GMT dogsnus whittled these words:

By googling or did someone call it to your attention?

Googling. My stuff gets snarfed regularly enough that I will peridoically
google on certain phrases.

Apparently they ran some kind of script to remove specific references to
my site and my name. One of my articles still has a link pointing to
their hard drive!

Old June 18th 05, 05:32 PM
TomH

On 18 Jun 2005 07:48:48 -0400, (Melinda
Shore) wrote:

In article , wrote:
I'm speechless with anger
http://www.petsdog.info/
And according to Whois they aren't in the US.

The business providing the server it runs on is in
California. I'd get in touch with them and let them know
that they're hosting a website that was stolen from you and
that you're an attorney (you are, right?). Also, this is
probably a stretch but I'd try getting in touch with their
registrar, and if that doesn't work (I'm guessing they're in
China, too) kick it up to Afilias (afilias.info), who's got
ultimate responsibility for domain registry operations for
.info.

And if that fails: DOS attack!

That said, there's really not that much that can be done
about China and intellectual property theft. They're
stealing everything that's not nailed down, and a few things
that are. I was recently searching for a Canada Goose parka
and discovered a bunch of Chinese knockoffs being auctioned
off on Ebay. It's amazingly pervasive.

Diane, this really sucks.
Best wished on recovering your great website.

--
+ TomH + antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Also: http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_chr0.htm
Old June 18th 05, 10:59 PM

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:32:20 -0400 TomH whittled these words:
Shore) wrote:
The business providing the server it runs on is in
California. I'd get in touch with them and let them know
that they're hosting a website that was stolen from you and
that you're an attorney (you are, right?). Also, this is
probably a stretch but I'd try getting in touch with their
registrar, and if that doesn't work (I'm guessing they're in
China, too) kick it up to Afilias (afilias.info), who's got
ultimate responsibility for domain registry operations for
.info.

And if that fails: DOS attack!

Thanks everyone for the support. If neceesary I'll send a DMCA letter - I
don't have a printer at home. For the moment I've calmed down enough to
do some research (sleep helps). I've discovered that the party named in
the domain registration was also named in the regiration of a site
involved in a similar incident. Plus I discovered dregs of another site
in the source code. I figured out the legitimate site and their stolen
site and made the appropriate notifiction. From the notes re the earlier
reported problem I felt encouraged to notify the affiliates and
advertisers.

That said, there's really not that much that can be done
about China and intellectual property theft. They're
stealing everything that's not nailed down, and a few things
that are. I was recently searching for a Canada Goose parka
and discovered a bunch of Chinese knockoffs being auctioned
off on Ebay. It's amazingly pervasive.

I know!

Diane, this really sucks.
Best wished on recovering your great website.

Thanks. At least they can't really affect me directly.