I've done some searching on the internet

Old June 18th 05, 02:09 PM

In article , po wrote:
There are some illnesses related to dog droppings, but I haven't run into
any statistics that are alarming like "millions suffer from hookworm in the
USA" or "Schools empty because of horrible roundworm plague".

Outstanding - the poop laws are working!

43% of all private-sector jobs created in the US
from 2001 to April 2005 are housing-related
Old June 18th 05, 02:09 PM
po

Default I've done some searching on the internet

Please address the topic instead of the individual writing the topic. If you
don't have something to say about leash laws and pooper scooper laws without
being insulting to me personally, please stay out of the topic. If you agree
with the laws, please supply some info from reliable sites with statistics
on people injured.

There are some illnesses related to dog droppings, but I haven't run into
any statistics that are alarming like "millions suffer from hookworm in the
USA" or "Schools empty because of horrible roundworm plague".

It just isn't a significant threat. The laws have been passed purely because
people are totally intolerant of each other and or obsessed with their
gardens.

I must say the CDC site isn't very helpful in giving scale to the problem.
They list various illnesses you can get from your pet, but they don't have
any info on how many people are suffering from these problems. Often they
talk about illnesses in other countries.

Old June 18th 05, 03:21 PM
Lee DeRaud

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:09:56 -0400, "po" wrote:

[...]

Did they have any statistics on the health dangers from rude obese
male dog owners with explosive diarrhea?

Lee
Old June 18th 05, 04:15 PM
flick

"po" wrote in message

I must say the CDC site isn't very helpful in giving scale to the problem.
They list various illnesses you can get from your pet, but they don't have
any info on how many people are suffering from these problems. Often they
talk about illnesses in other countries.

I have a relative who is parasite-phobic. So once upon a time I looked up
hookworm on the CDC site.

Plenty of people get it in the US. Used to be especially a problem in the
South. But nowadays, in the absence of other health problems, in the US the
CDC doesn't even recommend that people get treated for hookworm, as it
doesn't affect you if you're otherwise healthy and well-nourished.
Somewhere on the CDC site, you'll find that info wrt hookworm in the US.

Imnsho roundworm is considerably more dangerous.

The best advice? WASH YOUR HANDS.

In other countries, where people are more likely to be malnourished, have a
number of different parasitic infections at the same time, and don't have
clean water, hookworm can be a big deal.

For more info on poop and parasites in general, look up "The Humanure
Handbook," which is printed in its entirety on the web.

flick 100785

Old June 18th 05, 07:28 PM
Mark Shaw

po wrote:
Please address the topic instead of the individual writing the topic. If you
don't have something to say about leash laws and pooper scooper laws without
being insulting to me personally, please stay out of the topic. If you agree
with the laws, please supply some info from reliable sites with statistics
on people injured.

There are some illnesses related to dog droppings, but I haven't run into
any statistics that are alarming like "millions suffer from hookworm in the
USA" or "Schools empty because of horrible roundworm plague".

It just isn't a significant threat. The laws have been passed purely because
people are totally intolerant of each other and or obsessed with their
gardens.

Okay, suppose for just a moment that that's true. So what? It's
still, at the very least, an unnecessary annoyance to others -
something civilized people tend to avoid being the cause of. Pick
up after your dog.

(Mikey? Is that you?)

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
Old June 18th 05, 11:19 PM
po

I hope you wear a mask all the time to prevent other people from breathing
your germs. Flu and colds are more serious or at least far more prevalent
than diseases caused by dogs shitting on grass. People actually breathe your
waste air. You breathe onto people's lawn airspace. Don't you have any
consideration? Wear a mask unless you're in your own yard.

Old June 18th 05, 11:22 PM
Ronna

Please address the topic instead of the individual writing the topic

Sorry, but seriously, you need to get over it and get a life.

Old June 18th 05, 11:29 PM
po

No. My research revealed that dog poo is not a serious problem in spreading
disease in countries where veterinarian treatment is widespread. Vets worm
the dogs routinely. It isn't expensive. Most everyone takes the dog to the
vet for heartworm medication and other routine stuff and it wouldn't be
responsible for them to not treat the dog for worms. In underdeveleoped
nations the droppings of dogs who are untreated probably cause problems, but
then those people have even more serious problems.

You'll notice when a disease is a serious threat there are a lot of widely
available numbers on victims. None of you have come up with any numbers and
neither have I. That indicates to me that roundworm and hookworm aren't a
big problem.

Obesity and indolence cause a lot of problems, namely heart disease,
arterial sclerosis, etc. This is a leading cause of death in the civilized
world and walking would reduce the toll. Punitive laws, laws that discourage
dog walkers should be seen as a negative. They only thing they help with are
the appearance of grass. Real life is not like Disneyland. **** is a part of
it. Teach your kids not to play with **** and they'll be fine.

Old June 18th 05, 11:36 PM

In article , po wrote:
No. My research revealed that dog poo is not a serious problem in spreading
disease in countries where veterinarian treatment is widespread. Vets worm
the dogs routinely.

No, they don't. "Your research" consisted, I expect, of
taking a look around the inside of your rectum (since your
eyes were already there). And not only are most dogs *not*
wormed, there are large parts of the country with no
heartworm problem and therefore no regular heartworm
treatment.

You'll notice when a disease is a serious threat there are a lot of widely
available numbers on victims.

That's not particularly true, either.

None of you have come up with any numbers and
neither have I. That indicates to me that roundworm and hookworm aren't a
big problem.

Actually, the North Star (Alaska) Soil and Water
Conservation District got federal money to conduct a study
on dog poop composting specifically because they do have to
deal with a huge amount of dogshit. The problem with
composting dogshit is getting it hot enough to kill the
pathogens.

Obesity and indolence cause a lot of problems, namely heart disease,
arterial sclerosis, etc.

Says the guy with no waist and explosive diarrhea. Sure
looks like your lifestyle choices are working out just
peachy keen.

From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 06:09 AM
Regarding Mr. Howe's pirated internet connection Michael Erskine Dog behavior 0 August 18th 04 06:16 PM
Regarding Mr. Howe's pirated internet connection Michael Erskine Dog behavior 0 August 18th 04 06:16 PM
Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet! Listen to how he is doing it Adhura Lim Dog health 0 October 4th 03 03:32 PM
Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet! Listen to how he is doing it Adhura Lim Dog health 0 October 4th 03 03:32 PM