Denver on a Dog "Witch Hunt"

Old June 18th 05, 06:56 PM
Sharon too

Default Denver on a Dog "Witch Hunt"

In 1989, the City Council passed a resolution banning the dogs from
Denver.

I agree that this is an owner issue and that they are the ones not in
control of a breed that has a reputation. Personally, we've seen an awful
lot of pits at our ptactice and for the most part they're docile, but
they're also in a controled environment with owners who obviously take care
of them. We don't see the ones not taken care of. We see more aggressive
smaller breeds and older spaniels than pits, but these dogs when they attack
or even bite don't get the press because their bites are not fatal.

As for the story of the woman "fleeing" Denver with her Pit, since they've
been banned for 16 years, what the heck was she doing with this dog there in
the first place? I don't have to agree with the law, but I do wonder about
people who knowingly violate it... unless this particular dog is older than
16.

Old June 20th 05, 09:14 AM

"As for the story of the woman "fleeing" Denver with her Pit, since
they've been banned for 16 years, what the heck was she doing with this
dog there in the first place? I don't have to agree with the law, but I
do wonder about people who knowingly violate it... unless this
particular dog is older than
16."

The ban was found to be unconstitutional and was lifted a couple of
years ago. It was just recently reinstated.