My weekend brag

Old June 20th 05, 11:32 PM

Default My weekend brag

Beau showed at the UKC Premier this weekend in Kalamazoo, MI and won
Reserve Champion on Sunday. He beat a nice bitch that I think is
better than he is.

Footage from Premier was videotaped for future airing on Outdoor Life
Network. Some footage of Beau was filmed. I don't know if it will end
up on the cutting room floor, but it was recorded. We even got to talk
to Wayne Cavinaugh for a little bit on Saturday at te Kalamazoo
Kings/UKC "Take Your Dog to the Park Night." My brother, his wife, and
their dog (Beau's 3/4 brother from the same breeder-- Cat's Cradle's
Jake, a black/brindle bobtail boy) came on Sunday to cheer us on and
Beau was happy to see some familiar faces. Beau lived with my brother
and his wife for a couple of months and helped them decide to get Jake.
Beau REALLY likes them--plus he and Jake are partners in crime.

I have the official word from Therapy Dogs International that Beau has
been certified as a therapy dog. Been waiting a while on pins and
needles (the packet came while we were at Premier). We're now working
on his U-CD and U-CFO.

Jake's littermate Phoenix (a red leopard bobtail) won the Altered Male
(non licensed class) and then Best Altered at the Catahoula Specialty
on Thursday over a black and tan longtailed female that was a
conformation Champion and ranked in Top Ten before she was retired.
VERY cool. I was so happy for Pheonix and his family.

-Amanda
2x-BIMBS CH Cat's Cradle's Beaufort, CGC, TDI
Lucy Anna Skye, MB-CD, CGC
http://www.uberpest.com

Old June 24th 05, 05:21 PM
Rocky

Amanda said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Beau showed at the UKC Premier this weekend in Kalamazoo,
MI and won Reserve Champion on Sunday. He beat a nice
bitch that I think is better than he is.

Congratulations! Maybe the judge saw something you didn't?

Footage from Premier was videotaped for future airing on
Outdoor Life Network. Some footage of Beau was filmed. I
don't know if it will end up on the cutting room floor, but
it was recorded.

In my experience, they're very slow to air - just when you've
given up hope, it'll be on TV. OLN is very good at getting back
to you with estimated schedules, though.

Old June 24th 05, 05:32 PM

Rocky wrote:
In my experience, they're very slow to air - just when you've
given up hope, it'll be on TV.

They ran their multi-day Iditarod coverage three or four
weeks after the race ended. But even though we knew how it
would end, it was still excellent coverage.

Old June 24th 05, 05:47 PM
Rocky

Melinda Shore said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

In my experience, they're very slow to air - just when
you've given up hope, it'll be on TV.

They ran their multi-day Iditarod coverage three or four
weeks after the race ended. But even though we knew how it
would end, it was still excellent coverage.

Perhaps they put a lower priority on Canadian events, or the
hold-up is due to Polar Bear Productions which provides OLN with
Canadian coverage.

Old June 24th 05, 05:57 PM

Rocky wrote:
Perhaps they put a lower priority on Canadian events, or the
hold-up is due to Polar Bear Productions which provides OLN with
Canadian coverage.

I think OLN Canada has different programming from OLN in the
US. Regardless, I used to think they were a great channel
but the amount of coverage they show that I enjoy is
shrinking as they find ways to squeeze in more rodeo
programming and guys-sitting-around-in-fishing-boats
programming. They had one summer of all yacht racing, all
the time, and while I used to race sailboats I found it to
be just too boring. When they did more human-powered
outdoorsy programming they did have a lot of stuff from
Canada, including a program to teach adventure racing and a
series on hiking trails in Canada. They recently had a
series on avalanche dogs up at Whistler. You'd think with
all this hunting programming that they're begun carrying
they could find a way to squeeze in more retriever stuff, at
least. I'd really enjoy a show on retriever training, even
though my dogs' idea of retrieving is to go get something
and then eat it.

Old June 25th 05, 01:52 AM
Rocky

Melinda Shore said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

I think OLN Canada has different programming from OLN in the
US.

Yup, that's why I've never asked if anyone on rpd caught one of
m'dogs on OLN "the other night." There's a great deal of cross-
over programming, though.

I'd really enjoy a show on retriever training, even
though my dogs' idea of retrieving is to go get something
and then eat it.

Subscribe!1! "All Dogs, All the Time" - but not like the fluffy
stuff on Animal Planet. And no Coren, even on the Canadian
version.

Old June 25th 05, 04:23 AM

Rocky wrote:
Subscribe!1! "All Dogs, All the Time" - but not like the fluffy
stuff on Animal Planet.

Never heard of it. Is that a cable station? I get my TV
via satellite and get every religious station in North
America, not to mention my absolute favorite station that
has full-time programming about China, in Spanish. But no
dogs-only station (except for ABC, ha ha ha).

There was a lot more dogsledding on TV this year, including
a network broadcast of coverage of the UP 200. I'm hopeful
that coverage will continue to expand - mushing seems to
be becoming more popular, with skijoring taking off even
faster.