PETA caught "treating animals ethically" again!

Old June 21st 05, 04:14 PM

Default PETA caught "treating animals ethically" again!

Isn't that the weirdest story ever? There's absolutely no reason for
them to be rounding up animals to kill in the Piggly Wiggly parking
lot, except just to kill them. If I read one more statement from
Newkirk or another PeTA official about how "kind" the woman involved is
I'm gonna puke.

Lynn K.

Old June 22nd 05, 02:02 AM

Nah - they're spinning it as a reality lesson in why euthanasia has to
be done and how they are the only kind folks in the world to do it.
They seem to have missed the little thing about the animals being given
to them under the understanding they'd be placed. And it's hard to
understand what was unadoptable about the 2 healthy kittens they
killed. This is far from the end of it. It looks like the same 2
have been doing the same thing up as far as Roanoke for at least 6
months. I'm also looking forward to hearing what comes out of the
Bertie County Commissioners meeting on PeTA tonight.

For a real giggle, go to http://www.peta.org and take a look at the
crap they've posted about their work in NC. They make it sound like
there isn't a good shelter in Winslow, NC, like that old gas chamber
has been in use sometime in the past decade, like the animals they
killed were going to get anything but lethal injection at the vet or
the county shelter. Liars, liars, liars. At the very least I want
them nailed for practicing veterinary medicine without a license and
possession of a controlled prescription drug (Euthanol).

Old June 22nd 05, 02:26 AM
Tee

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I don't know about Winslow as the Outer Banks/northeast corner of NC was
generally too far out of range for the rescue I was with, nor is this a
defense of PeTA. I just wanted to point out that there are still shelters
in NC utilizing gas chambers. I don't know of any compiled list but I do
know they still exist.

--
Tara

Old June 22nd 05, 02:32 AM

Actually they're on the other corner - bordering Albemarle County, VA.
And, yeah, they did indeed use the chamber. This is a county with a
$58k annual appropriation for Animal Control AND Litter Control. (and
a $375k annual appropriation for schools) However, and it's a big
however, they have been using lethal injection for some time and PeTA
is trying to justify their actions on the basis of providing a more
humane death for the animals they took. The ones they took from the
vet would have died by injection as well, of course.

Old June 22nd 05, 03:08 AM
Tee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually they're on the other corner - bordering Albemarle County, VA.

The Winslow, NC I know of is in the northeast corner, southeast of where my
sister lives in Elizabeth City and about an hour from VA Beach.

And, yeah, they did indeed use the chamber. This is a county with a
$58k annual appropriation for Animal Control AND Litter Control. (and
a $375k annual appropriation for schools) However, and it's a big
however, they have been using lethal injection for some time and PeTA
is trying to justify their actions on the basis of providing a more
humane death for the animals they took. The ones they took from the
vet would have died by injection as well, of course.

I don't see any grounds for justification on PeTA's part but then when do
they ever have justifiable grounds for what they do?

--
Tara

Old June 22nd 05, 03:36 AM

Well, maybe it would help if I got the town's name right. Windsor,not
Winslow.
I went to the PeTA site to check that, and saw that they added new
photos of
buildings long unused today. Liars Liars Liars

Old June 22nd 05, 03:56 AM
Tee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, maybe it would help if I got the town's name right. Windsor,not
Winslow.

Aha! I thought I was loosing it for a minute there.

I went to the PeTA site to check that, and saw that they added new
photos of
buildings long unused today. Liars Liars Liars

I'm utterly shocked...not!

--
Tara