dog`s nutrition

Old June 29th 05, 07:56 PM
gburek

Default dog`s nutrition

hi
I wonder if any of you use ProPac or Animonda Integra dog food
I`ve just bought it for my two dogs (breed - little munsterlander) - puppy
and grown - and both eat it quite well but in Poland it`s not popular food
unfortunatelly (it`s still quite new)
The most popular is Eukanuba and Royal Canin and many of my friends visiting
me always sing to my ear that only that two (Eukanuba and RC) are best for
dogs
I wonder if there is any quality difference between that food ?
Our vets are keen on Eukanuba or Royal Canin but I think it depends mostly
on selling adevertisements and vet`s profits from sales managers for
offering this food to people as the best one
I`d be very gratefull for any opinions

--
Dominik Wojtanowski,
Warszawa, Poland

Old June 30th 05, 08:45 PM
Li Ka Shing Li Ka Shing is offline
Junior Member

Hello....I think basically it depends on how you define a 'better' dog food. If it's the nutritional value, and you use it to determine whether a certain brand is better than others, you can simply check the nutritional content, on the label. You can compare and see which one is better. If the label doesn't have the nutritional data or very little data, try going to the brand's website, or get its brochure. Most dog food have nutritional data on the label and/ or website/ brochure. You can then choose to settle on the 'best' one. I guess this is one way if you want to be sure and avoid the influence from advertising, or recommendations from vets, friends, etc as you mentioned.

Consider your dog's age too (puppy/ adult/ senior = special products).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gburek

dog`s nutrition gburek Dog health 0 June 26th 05 04:01 PM
light reading dogs giets Alpha Dog behavior 32 March 5th 04 05:22 AM
Arthritis in my lab Bob Dog health 8 March 5th 04 03:38 AM
light reading dogs giets Alpha Dog behavior 0 March 3rd 04 08:41 PM
light reading dogs giets Alpha Dog behavior 0 March 3rd 04 08:41 PM