aLD acral lick dermatitis (0/1)

Old June 30th 05, 04:11 PM
keith

Default aLD acral lick dermatitis (0/1)

aLD acral lick dermatitis

I am the proud owner of a German Shepherd Dog (13) and a German
Shepherd Bitch who is 12 years old, both active and eating well. Up to
bath night all was well apart from the fact that the dog is going deaf
and the bitch is deaf. Which just about sums up my condition - I am a
pensioner and just cannot afford veterinary costs so I would
appreciate any help a group member.

Whilst towelling dry I noticed a pronounced sore on the bitches fore
leg. Using the internet I identified what I think is aLD acral lick
dermatitis. Is there a natural treatment for aLD acral lick dermatitis
- I have attached 2 pictures which I hope will be of help.
Thanks in advance
Keith

Old June 30th 05, 04:24 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

keith wrote in
:
snip
- I have attached 2 pictures which I hope will be of help.
Thanks in advance

rec.pets.dogs.health is a text-only newsgroup, so a large number of people
will not see your pictures. I would suggest posting them in a binary
newsgroup on on the web and then providing links...

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old June 30th 05, 11:40 PM
keith

Thanks Marcel, I didn't realise, will take your advicee. I apologize
to the group

On 30 Jun 2005 15:24:38 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

keith wrote in
:
snip

Old June 30th 05, 11:47 PM
Spot

Keith,

Usually things like this are treated with a small course of prednisone.
It's a cheap medication but you need the vet to really see her for the
medication and to determine exactly what is triggering this.

The only other thing I can think to tell you is to buy some bitter apple
spray and apply with your fingers around the area into the fur a couple
times a day. Be sure not to spray it on since this looks raw and it would
sting. The bitter apple is non toxic and taste awful and usually keeps most
dogs from licking at themselfs. I often used it with Brandy when she'd get
a cut or scrap. If I didn't she would just keep licking a the spot and it
wouldn't heal up.

Celeste

Old July 1st 05, 01:36 PM
keith

Celeste
Thanks, like the sound of the bitter apple spray, if works I'll let
all know.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:47:11 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

Keith,

Usually things like this are treated with a small course of prednisone.
It's a cheap medication but you need the vet to really see her for the
medication and to determine exactly what is triggering this.

The only other thing I can think to tell you is to buy some bitter apple
spray and apply with your fingers around the area into the fur a couple
times a day. Be sure not to spray it on since this looks raw and it would
sting. The bitter apple is non toxic and taste awful and usually keeps most
dogs from licking at themselfs. I often used it with Brandy when she'd get
a cut or scrap. If I didn't she would just keep licking a the spot and it
wouldn't heal up.

Celeste

.. .