need advice

Old July 30th 03, 10:59 PM
Gus Mahler

Default need advice

AreKay wrote in message ...
You need to check out a Rainbow Vacuum System. The ultimate cleaning
machine. It uses water to "wash" the carpets but doesn't get anything wet.

The Rainbow doesn't use water to wash the carpets. It uses water as a
filter instead of using a bag. It also costs $1500+.

Don't buy the Rainbow vacuum! It is a complete waste of money.
Consumer Reports runs tests on vacuums periodically and it always
finishes near the bottom.

We made the mistake of buying one and regret it to this day.

If you're not familiar with it, it operates by sucking air through a
pan of water. You have to fill up the pan and dump it every time you
use it.

Negatives

* The salesperson will make a big deal about not having to change
bags. That's right. It's even worse, you have to dump water out EVERY
time you vacuum. (Instead of merely throwing away a bag every couple
of months. The water is disgusting when you dump it and clogs your
drains if you're not careful.

* It's a pain to have to assemble the vacuum every time you use it.
With my old vacuum, if my daughter spilled something, I would just
take out the vacuum and clean it up. Now I have to take all the parts
out, fill the pan with water, vacuum, dump the pan, let it air out,
then put away.

* The reason Consumer Reports rates it lowly is because it doesn't
suck very well.

* The salesmen will tell you about the filtering properties of the
water. Consumer Reports should it wasn't true. In addition, you can
easily buy a vacuum with allergy bags.

Questions to ask yourself:

* If vacuuming through water was so effective, why doesn't Hoover use
the same method? Answer: it isn't effective. They'll tell you that the
reason is because of patents. Don't believe them. They'll also tell
you that Rainbow has been in business since the 30s. Since patents
only last 20 years, that'll tell you that the patent reason is false.

* If the cleaner was so effective, why not sell it in stores? The
reason is the high pressure sales tactics, which got us before we
gained a backbone.

Don't buy a Rainbow.