Basic rights for man's best friend

Old July 7th 05, 10:03 PM
po

Default Basic rights for man's best friend

Right now dogs don't have any official rights. They are occasionally
protected by cruelty against animals laws, but that's about it. And it
sounds more like cruelty laws being enforced when it's a case of the cruelty
being offensive to humans.

Dogs are bred and put down for any reason. They can be held just for being
alive and without a tag. People can shoot a dog for just about any reason.
(I have heard that people have sued dog killers successfully in civil court)

What do you think of some basic rights for dogs?

I went to an ancient cemetery today and they allowed no dogs whether on
leash or off. Cemeterys are great places to walk dogs, great places to walk.
The little traffic they get is slow. And it's not the way things used to be
when people actually visited graves of loved ones. I rarely see anyone but
joggers or groundskeepers at cemeteries. Occasionally you'll see someone at
fresh grave leaving flowers, but that's about it and yet dogs are not wanted
at all. It's just further erosion of their place in society that they are
considered nothing but pests in a city of the dead.

Old July 7th 05, 10:25 PM
Mark Shaw

Remember, folks: respond to it, and it'll stick around. Ignore it,
and it'll probably go away.

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
Old July 8th 05, 05:32 AM
Lee DeRaud

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:25:48 +0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw
wrote:

Remember, folks: respond to it, and it'll stick around. Ignore it,
and it'll probably go away.

Does 'bizby40' know you've taken over her netnanny job?

Lee
Old July 8th 05, 06:32 AM
Mark Shaw

wrote:

Remember, folks: respond to it, and it'll stick around. Ignore it,
and it'll probably go away.

Does 'bizby40' know you've taken over her netnanny job?

I think your newsreader is broken, dumbass.

Old July 8th 05, 04:40 PM
Lee DeRaud

wrote:

Remember, folks: respond to it, and it'll stick around. Ignore it,
and it'll probably go away.

Does 'bizby40' know you've taken over her netnanny job?

I think your newsreader is broken, dumbass.

Nope, works just fine, even when netnannies play games with the
headers.

Lee
Old July 9th 05, 05:14 AM

talk.politics.animals is the proper place for this topic, not here.
A little background research on what "rights" are would also be in
order.

Lynn K.