My dog hates when you carry someone

Old July 8th 05, 03:41 PM

Default My dog hates when you carry someone

I noticed an odd behavior when my youngest son fell asleep on the couch
and I carried him to his bed, my dog got really excited and followed me
up the stairs and barked at him, once I put him down and he put his
teeth on him, not breaking the skin. A couple of days later, I was
playing around with my sons and lifted them up, and my dog did the same
thing. I have no idea what is going through his mind, but I am leary
to have anyone over with a baby.

Scott

Old July 9th 05, 07:19 AM
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC

From what I have been told, when you lift up a dog and carry him....the
other dogs see him as a subordinate....an inferior.
So, your dog is seeing your son as an inferior pack member.

After I groom a dog, I carry him or her outside to shake off. The others
jump up and bark all the way out the door. When I put the dog down...they
kind of gang up...for a second and then disperse.

--
Carol J
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC
ups.com...