new floor for a crate...

Old July 11th 05, 10:21 PM
Nathan Otis

Default new floor for a crate...

We purchased a crate for our Weimer and over the course of a couple months,
the floor (plastic) has developed cracks and is disintegrating at an
alarming rate... We have called the pet shop we got the crate at and they
won't (can't) sell a new floor/tray seperately and advised us to go to the
manufacturer... Well we did, they don't sell to individuals, they sent us to
a distributor, who says they only sell to pet stores...

So, we're looking into alternatives. I'd like to find a 1/4" or so thick
rubber mat to put in the crate. It would have to bee tough enough she
couldn't chew through it easily (an application of sour apple spray would
help deter her).

Can anyone point me to something they've used, or a solution we have not
though of...

Thanks,
n.

Old July 11th 05, 10:26 PM
Inga Morozoff

Boot Tray?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,51676&ap=1

Old July 11th 05, 10:52 PM
Janet B

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:21:18 -0600, "Nathan Otis" ,
wrote:

We purchased a crate for our Weimer and over the course of a couple months,
the floor (plastic) has developed cracks and is disintegrating at an
alarming rate... We have called the pet shop we got the crate at and they
won't (can't) sell a new floor/tray seperately and advised us to go to the
manufacturer... Well we did, they don't sell to individuals, they sent us to
a distributor, who says they only sell to pet stores...

So, we're looking into alternatives. I'd like to find a 1/4" or so thick
rubber mat to put in the crate. It would have to bee tough enough she
couldn't chew through it easily (an application of sour apple spray would
help deter her).

Can anyone point me to something they've used, or a solution we have not
though of...

Thanks,
n.

Pet supply catalogs sell these. whats' the company who makes the
crate? JB Wholesale or Drs Foster and Smith are both good suppliers.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old July 11th 05, 11:16 PM
Sharon too

Can anyone point me to something they've used, or a solution we have not
though of...

Go to a farm store. You can get rubber mats used for horse stalls. They're
about an inch thick and can be cut down to size.

-Sharon

Old July 12th 05, 01:16 AM
Nathan Otis

Excellent suggestions all, but right now Sharon's in the lead... There's
farm stores and horse specific stores all over where I live (Front Range,
Colorado).

Thanks.
n.

Old July 12th 05, 01:45 AM
Nathan Otis

The company is four paws and they are one of many that have said we can't
get the tray seperately. We've looked in the Drs F & S catalog but haven't
seen what we need... I'll look again. Thanks.
n.

Old July 12th 05, 05:01 AM
Zen Cohen

"Nathan Otis" wrote in message
We purchased a crate for our Weimer and over the course of a couple
months, the floor (plastic) has developed cracks and is disintegrating at
an alarming rate...

Unless it's being misused, that's a pretty unreasonable rate for a product
like this to disintegrate. Have you asked them or the manufacturer to
replace it? It oughta still be under warranty.

Question on crate training... trichard Dog behavior 3 November 29th 04 05:28 PM
Crate re-training Marie Dog behavior 33 April 1st 04 12:16 AM
Crate re-training Marie Dog behavior 0 March 31st 04 05:48 AM
Crate re-training Marie Dog behavior 0 March 31st 04 05:48 AM
Water in the Crate Leah Dog behavior 0 December 17th 03 04:02 PM