Isis 1992-2005

Old July 14th 05, 09:04 AM
Debbie S

Default Isis 1992-2005

We lost Icey-girl tonight. She was running towards me, gave sort of a
little hiccup, and fell onto her side. By the time I got to her, her
heart had stopped.

Isis was the second dog I titled in agility, and to date was probably my
best tracker.
If we tracked in a park, she'd put her nose to the ground as soon as the
harness was on, would find the scent of one of our friends at their car,
and track them to the start of the track, then continue on.

At earth dog practices, she'd arrive with her hair in a bow, sporting a
braided ribbon leash, and when it was her turn, ignoring the riotous
laughter, she showed the JRTs and Border Terriers how it was done. She
was also responsible for my having to purchase several rat cages.
Although they held up through the runs of numerous terriers, Isis always
got the wire through the bars of the tunnel, and we played hell getting
her off.

She loved treats, slime rats, balls, going to class, riding in the car,
sleeping on the couch, and barking for her dinner. She disliked most
people, all other dogs, the vet's office, and holding still long enough
to have her hair put up in a ribbon.

Isis taught Winston, Kira, and the border collies to respect little
dogs. She taught terrier people to hold their tongues and laughter
until they see a dog work. Isis, being our first kinda-sorta rescue,
and having opened our eyes and hearts to wanting to help the little
dogs, is directly responsible for 30+ yorkies coming through our home as
rescues. Without Isis, Ricky wouldn't be living in a mansion, Doll
wouldn't have her own duck pond, and Lucy would have died in a shelter
cold, matted, ill, and alone..

Goodnight, baby girl. Leave some rats for the other dogs.

Debbie
http://community.webtv.net/staffymom/Isis

Old July 14th 05, 12:29 PM
HouseODogs

Here is my favorite essay on the loss of a beloved canine friend. God speed
to the Bridge to the amazing Isis.

Living Love

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will
always remember...

The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your young
new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked
numerous opinions of many vets, or done long research in finding a breeder.
Or, perhaps in a fleeting moment, you may have just chosen that silly
looking mutt in a shelter - simply because something in its eyes reached
your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore,
and claim its special place in your hall or front room - and when you feel
it brush against you for the first time - it instills a feeling of pure love
you will carry with you through the many years to come.

The second day will occur eight or nine or ten years later. It will be a
day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising
instant, you will look at your long-time friend and see age where you once
saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy. And
you will see sleep where you once saw activity. So you will begin to adjust
your friend's diet - and you may add a pill or two to her food. And you may
feel a growing fear deep within yourself, which bodes of a coming emptiness.
And you will feel this uneasy feeling, on and off, until the third day
finally arrives.

And on this day - if your friend and God have not decided for you, then
you will be faced with making a decision of your own - on behalf of your
lifelong friend, and with the guidance of your own deepest Spirit. But
whichever way your friend eventually leaves you - you will feel as alone as
a single star in the dark night. If you are wise, you will let the tears
flow as freely and as often as they must. And if you are typical, you will
find that not many in your circle of family or friends will be able to
understand your grief, or comfort you. But if you are true to the love of
the pet you cherished through the many joy-filled years, you may find that a
soul - a bit smaller in size than your own - seems to walk with you, at
times, during the lonely days to come. And at moments when you least expect
anything out of the ordinary to happen, you may feel something brush against
your leg - very very lightly. And looking down at the place where your dear,
perhaps dearest, friend used to lie - you will remember those three
significant days. The memory will most likely be painful, and leave an ache
in your heart. As time passes, the ache will come and go as it has a life of
its own. You will both reject it and embrace it, and it may confuse you. If
you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you.
Either way, it will still be an ache.

But there will be, I assure you, a fourth day when - along with the memory
of your pet - and piercing through the heaviness in your heart - there will
come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong
as our relationship with each animal we have loved, and lost. This
realization takes the form of a Living Love - like the heavenly scent of a
rose that remains after the petals have wilted, this love will remain and
grow - and be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It is
the legacy our pets leave us when they go. And it is a gift we may keep with
us as long as we live. It is a love which is ours alone. And until we
ourselves leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets - it is a love that we
will always possess.

~ Written by Martin Scot Kosins, Author of "Maya's First Rose" ~

Old July 14th 05, 01:59 PM
Tee

Old July 14th 05, 03:46 PM
flick

{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}

Old July 14th 05, 04:22 PM
bethgsd

Debbie,
What a great tribute to your dog. I'm sure she is in heaven helping my
Halle take out the vermin.
Beth

Old July 14th 05, 04:54 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Old July 14th 05, 04:57 PM
Stafford A. Rau

If I knew the right thing to say, I'd put it right here...

Hold strong, my friend.
--
Stafford A. Rau
raudog @ rauhaus.org

Really effective dog trainer in Denver Colorado [email protected] Dog behavior 54 June 14th 05 05:56 PM
VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, April 2005 Ross Dog behavior 3 May 1st 05 09:09 PM
Powpets Cutest Dog 2005 meowzz Dog behavior 0 April 28th 05 04:42 PM
From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 07:09 AM
dog urinates on everything pooteo Dog behavior 1 February 18th 05 10:57 AM