Yay Buddy!

Old July 16th 05, 05:54 AM
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Yay Buddy!

Took Buddy out for the last pee of the night, not that I had much
hope...the only way we've been getting him to pee lately is to hope that
a neighbor that he hasn't seen yet comes by and says hello to him. It
only works once per person, and we were running out of neighbors!

We got about halfway down the block, and he suddenly pulled to the side
and PEED ALL BY HIMSELF! Needless to say he got a *lot* of praise.
There weren't any passers-by at that point so I didn't have to worry
about what anyone else thought (not that I do anyway, for the most
part). I *think* he's got the idea now. David says this is what
happened at the house in North Carolina, he did it once, got praised,
and had only a couple of accidents in the house after that.

He already knows not to nip when he plays, and he's beginning to learn a
lot of words, and he is now mostly just chewing on his own toys...if he
starts to chew on anything else, like the furniture (and he can reach
much higher than any of our other dogs), you just have to say "Buddy,
don't chew on that" and he stops and finds something more appropriate.

I can't believe how much I am enjoying having him around, especially so
soon after Fidget died, but somehow it is just right that Buddy is here.

(He also attracts cute young people (of both genders), like the guy who
stopped by at Java House this evening to pet Buddy and tell us about his
own dog, a Shiba Inu (sp?) who is a double rescue, and the guy in front
of the building when I was bringing Buddy back in who said "Can I pet
your dog? Pleeeeeease?" Buddy wants to meet everyone, so it was
absolutely no problem.)

We've decided against changing his name, BTW. Buddy just seems to fit
him, because he wants to be everyone's and everydog's buddy.
--
Bright eyes/burning like fire, | Kevin Michael Vail
Bright eyes/how can you close and fail? |
Old July 16th 05, 06:00 AM
Paula

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:54:15 GMT, Kevin Michael Vail
wrote:

[...]

YAY FOR BUDDY!!!! I'm glad he's getting the hang of the outside
peeing thing and also that his name is settled. He sounds like a
great dog! Now that you mention it, Buddy is a great name for a lab.
Punk has never met a person she didn't love. I'm glad he's doing so
well with the chewing as well. Sounds like somebody is totally
wrapped around somebody's finger over there so you might as well give
up and enjoy the ride!

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay