Do many weeks-old cocker spaniel puppies have lazy droopy eyes with their eyeballs on the outter corner of their eyes?

Old July 19th 05, 05:11 AM
Chris Tsao

Default Do many weeks-old cocker spaniel puppies have lazy droopy eyes with their eyeballs on the outter corner of their eyes?

Do many newborn cocker spaniel puppies have lazy eyes?

I found a cocker spaniel puppy in a breeder's web site who looks like
she's a half-dozen weeks old approximately and my friend pointed out
that the puppy has weird eyes, then I emailed the pictures to my father
and he said that "it does look as if something is wrong with both
eyes," and my cousin said that the eyes are crossed.

Before I email the breeder, I was hoping to get some knowledgeable
opinions. I don't want to keep emailing the breeder until I've
collected my thoughts on other issues concerning the puppy, so I was
hoping that in the meantime I could email the two pictures I have of
the puppy to someone in rec.pets.dogs.breeds for a more authoritative
opinion.

The puppy is halfway accross the country, but according to MapQuest,
it's only 4 hours and 31 minutes away by car from my friend's friend's
house who might drive out to check for me if the breeder tells me that
there's nothing wrong with the dog's eyes. That is to say, to verify
that the breeder is telling me the truth.

According to my research, cocker spaniels have lots of eye-problems.

P.S. I've started to look at pictures of other dogs in a different
cocker breeder's site, and two of the dogs who appear to be the same
age as the one I want to buy have the same dead/droopy eyes with the
eyeballs on the outter corners of the eyes, so I'm hoping that this is
common when they're at that age. I will check some more.

Thanks again,

Chris

Old July 19th 05, 06:16 AM
Christy

"Chris Tsao" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do many newborn cocker spaniel puppies have lazy eyes?

I found a cocker spaniel puppy in a breeder's web site who looks like
she's a half-dozen weeks old approximately and my friend pointed out
that the puppy has weird eyes, then I emailed the pictures to my father
and he said that "it does look as if something is wrong with both
eyes," and my cousin said that the eyes are crossed.

How can they be crossed, if they are at the outer corners? I'm confused. Can
you give us a link?

I'm assuming you have been using that fantastic information that Diane
provided in her post to narrow your search, so if this is a responsible
breeder, they should have no problem fielding your inquiry about the puppy.
Be sure to get the current CERF numbers on the sire/dam and cross-check them
on the CERF website, just to be sure.

Christy

Old July 19th 05, 07:21 AM
Chris Tsao

Christy wrote:

How can they be crossed, if they are at the outer corners?

Oh I didn't explained it correctly? In one picture, the right eyeball
is all the way to the right corner, and the left one seems fine. In
another picture, the left eyeball is too the left corner and the right
eyeball is covered with fur, so I cannot see what it's like.

I'm confused. Can you give us a link?

I don't want to blacken the breeder's reputation or cause people to
doubt her and I don't want her to know that I am writing about her on
the worldwide web and that I myself doubt her.

I tried to load up the puppy pictures on my homepage, but AOL 9.0 makes
it so you can only load jpegs into a homepage and it used to be easy to
load two pictures, now I think you can only do one, or you can do more
than one, but you need to be a surgeon. It's so much easier with the
old AOL versions.

The puppy is one of the cutest the world has ever known by the by.

Old July 19th 05, 10:25 AM
Diana

"Chris Tsao" wrote in message
oups.com...
Christy wrote:

How can they be crossed, if they are at the outer corners?

Oh I didn't explained it correctly? In one picture, the right eyeball
is all the way to the right corner, and the left one seems fine. In
another picture, the left eyeball is too the left corner and the right
eyeball is covered with fur, so I cannot see what it's like.

I asked the vet if Cin's eyes were ok cos they looked a little boss to me
when she was little, and the vet said they were perfectly normal for a
puppy. It also seemed to take a while for her to really be able to
co-ordinate them too. Her eyes look absolutely fine now - well beyond fine,
they are beautiful

Diana

--
Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk (I think I've got

Old July 19th 05, 03:32 PM
Chris Tsao

Chris Tsao wrote:

I tried to load up the puppy pictures on my homepage, but AOL 9.0 makes
it so you can only load jpegs into a homepage and it used to be easy to
load two pictures, now I think you can only do one, or you can do more
than one, but you need to be a surgeon. It's so much easier with the
old AOL versions.

I figured out how to do it. I don't know if I should feel smart or
stupid since it took me so many years? I put one of each of the photos
on web pages that I created today. In both photographs, aren't not only
the pupils all the way to the the outside corners of the eyes, but on
top of that, the irises too AND way up high?

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/rigi...0missouri.jpg?

http://hometown.aol.com/christophert...age/index.html

Old July 19th 05, 03:58 PM
Chris Tsao

Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

She's so cute. I've harbored a viszla in my house piecemeal for about
five months total, because I take her whenever my friend goes on
vacation. She does everything I tell her to do, unlike my lhasa apso. I
don't think he understands me much when I talk, and when he does, he
attaches no importance to obeying.

Old July 19th 05, 04:31 PM
Chris Tsao

Chris Tsao wrote:

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/rigi...0missouri.jpg?

Sorry, the above link got disabled when I changed something in it, so I
shall now re-post it below:

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/rigi...ker%20pup.jpg?

Old July 19th 05, 04:50 PM
Robin Nuttall

Chris Tsao wrote:

Chris Tsao wrote:

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/rigi...0missouri.jpg?

Sorry, the above link got disabled when I changed something in it, so I
shall now re-post it below:

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/rigi...ker%20pup.jpg?

It still doesn't work, and by the way it's pretty darn illegal to rip
off photos from a site and post them on your own site.

If this breeder has a website, then she must not mind people visiting
it. You don't put a website up if you don't want people to see stuff
(secure servers aside). so just post her website addy. That is public
domain.
Old July 19th 05, 04:56 PM
Chris Tsao

Robin Nuttall wrote:

If this breeder has a website, then she must not mind people visiting
it. You don't put a website up if you don't want people to see stuff
(secure servers aside). so just post her website addy. That is public
domain.

She wouldn't want people discussing the concept of her dog having bad
eyes if they are perfectly fine and it's not hurting anyone.