Moved to new house

Old July 20th 05, 02:02 AM
Bad Beagle Boy

Default Moved to new house

I moved to a new house - the previous owners did not have pets and the house
was very clean - I did not get the carpets cleaned. I have a 4 year old
male beagle that has started peeing in the house. He is mostly marking but
has also peeed. He has NEVER done this before. I have read suggestions
that I have to pen him in a small area until he gets used to his new
surroundings. I hate to do this since he has always had the run of the
house. Any suggestions?

Old July 20th 05, 02:52 PM
Handsome Jack Morrison

"Bad Beagle Boy" wrote in

I moved to a new house - the previous owners did not have pets and the
house was very clean - I did not get the carpets cleaned. I have a 4
year old male beagle that has started peeing in the house. He is
mostly marking but has also peeed. He has NEVER done this before. I
have read suggestions that I have to pen him in a small area until he
gets used to his new surroundings. I hate to do this since he has
always had the run of the house. Any suggestions?

Yes, start housetraining him like he was still an 8 week old puppy. Use a
dog crate, or tether him to you, etc., but don't let him make anymore
"mistakes."

You can't take him outside too often right now.

And it wouldn't hurt to brush him up on his OBEDIENCE TRAINING, either.

--

Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to send me e-mail

all moved in culprit Dog behavior 48 December 30th 03 02:15 PM
all moved in culprit Dog behavior 0 December 28th 03 02:50 AM
all moved in culprit Dog behavior 0 December 28th 03 02:50 AM
all moved in culprit Dog behavior 0 December 28th 03 02:50 AM
Moving house Mark/Shell Dog behavior 1 July 22nd 03 04:26 AM