[OT] Happiness is...

Old July 20th 05, 02:23 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default [OT] Happiness is...

Watching your daughter stop crying and look at your dog with complete
adoration.

Or at least what passes for adoration in a 4 month old. (I have pictures,
honest!! Just there are a lot of them. I will try to get some up
tonight). Emilie is in love with Moogli and his mother. She will turn her
head to watch them, and they hold a fascination for her that is a close
second (and sometimes higher) than her fascination for Gen. When we are
at the in-laws, Moogli and Cocotte will run around in the carpetted
basement. If we are down there, she will turn her head to watch them run
by, and will anticipate where they are going to come out by turning her
head (before they get there) to look at the other side of the couches!!

Moogli has always been partly interested, partly afraid of Emilie. Well,
with time and patience, he is getting much less afraid of her. He is
getting mucg closer to her than he was before, and is even making
overtures to play with her (play bowing and growling). He will even take
treats and toys from beside her (as long as we hold the flailing
arms/legs). A couple of nights ago, we were eating desert and had some
whipped cream. So we put some on my finger and gave it to Moogli to eat.
We then put some on Emilie's hand (the back) and held it for him to lick.
The look of pleasure on her face was, well, kinda disturbing to see for
me as a father.

Emilie has also started to recognize things from farther away. From
across the room, she can recognize me, and lets out a huge smile when she
does so. FOr people she doesn't know, the smiles only come out when they
are a lot closer. The vacation I took coincided with a family reunion,
and Emilie was the star of the show. She charmed everyone that she saw,
and there were no problems when my mother, my brother or one of my
cousins would take her and wander off for an hour with her. She is a very
happy baby, she smiles at everybody and is "very alert". She even got to
sit in the lap of my grandmothers sister-in-law for 20 minutes, and I
think that made her very happy.

Emilie has also been banned from her swing. She has figured out (last
night) that if she swings her body, she can make the swing go faster. She
does it hard enough that she will start to move the whole swing back and
forth. It doesn't seem to bother her all that much that her head is
slamming back against the chair when she does that.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old July 20th 05, 02:39 PM
flick

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Whoa, sounds like you might have a tomboy on your hands! Wild Child in the
swing! ;-).

It is fascinating how babies develop, isn't it? Don't be surprised if, as
she gets closer to 1 year, she becomes more suspicious of strangers.

We had Shar Peis when my kids were young. My daughter used to pull herself
to a stand by grabbing onto one of the dogs' wrinkles; the dog would just
stand there while she was leaned on.

flick 100785

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

Old July 20th 05, 02:53 PM
ceb

Marcel Beaudoin wrote in
:

A couple of nights ago, we were eating desert and had some
whipped cream. So we put some on my finger and gave it to Moogli to
eat. We then put some on Emilie's hand (the back) and held it for him
to lick. The look of pleasure on her face was, well, kinda disturbing
to see for me as a father.

Wait til she starts smooching with the dog. My friend's one year old son
has to be prevented from locking lips with Queenie.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old July 20th 05, 11:48 PM
Paula

On 20 Jul 2005 13:23:17 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

Watching your daughter stop crying and look at your dog with complete
adoration.

[snip lots of stuff that made me smile]

Don't like your daughter much, do you?

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay
Old July 21st 05, 01:30 PM
Jennifer

ceb wrote:

Marcel Beaudoin wrote in
:

A couple of nights ago, we were eating desert and had some
whipped cream. So we put some on my finger and gave it to Moogli to
eat. We then put some on Emilie's hand (the back) and held it for him
to lick. The look of pleasure on her face was, well, kinda disturbing
to see for me as a father.

Wait til she starts smooching with the dog. My friend's one year old son
has to be prevented from locking lips with Queenie.

My nephew, who is 10 months old, will open his mouth when Zoe gives him
kisses. I think its cute, but the rest of my family is not amused
Old July 21st 05, 01:50 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Paula wrote in
:

wrote:

Watching your daughter stop crying and look at your dog with complete
adoration.

[snip lots of stuff that made me smile]

Don't like your daughter much, do you?

Nooo, not at all!!