Dog Peeing in My Bed in the Middle of the night. With Me in it.

Old July 20th 05, 04:50 PM
RudysMom

Default Dog Peeing in My Bed in the Middle of the night. With Me in it.

I hope someone can help me out here, I am beside myself and just don't know
what to do. I have a 1 year old male mini poodle. He is as sweet as can
be, however very recently he has been having accidents all over the house,
more importantly, 2 in the middle of the night in my bed, with me in it.
I wake up to hearing him peeing in my bed. This morning he was standing
up, with his two front paws on me and peeing on the bed and on me. He
used to jump out of the bed and walk to the door and at least stare at me
until I would get out of bed and take him out never would make a sound. I
can not have this bed wetting keep happening. I am going to try to put
him in his crate tonight, but I'm not sure how that is going to work. He
has never been in his crate all night long, he does these high pitched
barks all night when I have tried it when he was younger. He has also
been pooping in the house.

Thanks,
Eliza

Old July 20th 05, 04:57 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"RudysMom" wrote in
lkaboutpets.com:

snip

Vet. Try to collect a sample of poo and a fresh pee sample for the vet.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old July 20th 05, 05:03 PM

on 2005-07-20 at 11:50 wrote:

get him to a vet ASAP for a check-up. a UTI is the obvious
thing to rule out, but there are other health problems that
can cause inappropriate elimination.

just as a general rule, whenever there is marked or sudden
change in behavior, the first thing to do is rule out a
physical cause.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/10/05)