Handlers being sued by owner for death of dog

Old July 26th 05, 04:12 PM
Robin Nuttall

Default Handlers being sued by owner for death of dog

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8706135/

The handlers told the owner the dog had "run away after hearing a loud
noise." The handlers didn't even tell the owner that story until they
were at another show, and have continued to show (did not help the owner
try to find the "lost" dog).

More information can also be found he

http://www.jagcomehome.com/

Me, I think there's a special place in hell for any dog person who would
a) let this happen, then b) string the owner along for months with a lie.

Old July 26th 05, 04:20 PM

In article epsFe.183005$_o.84042@attbi_s71,
Robin Nuttall wrote:
Me, I think there's a special place in hell for any dog person who would
a) let this happen, then b) string the owner along for months with a lie.

I'm with you all the way on that. How common is it to leave
dogs unattended on grooming tables?

Average real weekly wages are lower today than they
were at the end of the 2001 recession.
Old July 26th 05, 04:21 PM
Tee

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8706135/

The handlers told the owner the dog had "run away after hearing a loud
noise." The handlers didn't even tell the owner that story until they were
at another show, and have continued to show (did not help the owner try to
find the "lost" dog).

More information can also be found he

http://www.jagcomehome.com/

Me, I think there's a special place in hell for any dog person who would
a) let this happen, then b) string the owner along for months with a lie.

That's horrible. I hope these people serve jail time for mental anguish and
animal neglect. I also hope they are made to pay for all costs associated
with uncovering the truth of Jag's disappearance. Jerks.

--
Tara

Old July 26th 05, 04:22 PM
Janet Puistonen

Robin Nuttall wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8706135/

The handlers told the owner the dog had "run away after hearing a loud
noise." The handlers didn't even tell the owner that story until they
were at another show, and have continued to show (did not help the
owner try to find the "lost" dog).

More information can also be found he

http://www.jagcomehome.com/

Me, I think there's a special place in hell for any dog person who
would a) let this happen, then b) string the owner along for months
with a lie.

And the likelihood that an experienced show golden would be so frightened by
a loud noise strikes me as slim to none. If an awful accident happened, they
should have owned up to it, rather than leaving the owners in agony for
months. I assume *their* handling careers are over.

Old July 26th 05, 04:22 PM
Robin Nuttall

Robin Nuttall wrote:

Me, I think there's a special place in hell for any dog person who would
a) let this happen, then b) string the owner along for months with a lie.

I'm with you all the way on that. How common is it to leave
dogs unattended on grooming tables?

Not that common but it happens. I don't like to see it. But the few
times I have seen it, it's usually been in a crowded grooming area where
if something happened somebody would be right there to rescue the dog. I
wish they would specifically prohibit it in AKC rules. The possibility
for tragedy is just too great.
Old July 26th 05, 04:32 PM
Robin Nuttall

Janet Puistonen wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8706135/

The handlers told the owner the dog had "run away after hearing a loud
noise." The handlers didn't even tell the owner that story until they
were at another show, and have continued to show (did not help the
owner try to find the "lost" dog).

More information can also be found he

http://www.jagcomehome.com/

Me, I think there's a special place in hell for any dog person who
would a) let this happen, then b) string the owner along for months
with a lie.

And the likelihood that an experienced show golden would be so frightened by
a loud noise strikes me as slim to none. If an awful accident happened, they
should have owned up to it, rather than leaving the owners in agony for
months. I assume *their* handling careers are over.

Lord I hope so. Apparently (and I'm hearing this second hand so take it
with a grain of salt) when all this first happened and it simply
appeared they'd left the area and continued to show without looking for
"lost" Jag, they had a lot of defenders on the Golden lists. Their
groupies are being very quiet this morning.

Old July 26th 05, 06:33 PM
Janet Puistonen

Robin Nuttall wrote:
Janet Puistonen wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote:

[...]

If the dog actually had been lost, I guess I could understand a handler with
a truck full of dogs and multiple commitments moving on, since there
wouldn't be much they could really do to find the dog that the owners
couldn't do. Although one would hope that the other owners would have been
understanding if they let everyone know that they had to look for this dog,
and the shows would just have to be missed. But to conceal the fact that he
was dead, as they apparently did, and leave them worrying is just
inexcusable. (And I wonder what on earth they did with his body! Can you
imagine them diggin a hole large enough for an adult male Golden by the side
of a road somewhere?!)

Old July 26th 05, 07:52 PM
Natalie Rigertas

Robin Nuttall wrote:

Not that common but it happens. I don't like to see it. But the few
times I have seen it, it's usually been in a crowded grooming area where
if something happened somebody would be right there to rescue the dog. I
wish they would specifically prohibit it in AKC rules. The possibility
for tragedy is just too great.

It's not specifically prohibited in AKC rules? I'm really surprised at
that. I mean, you're not allowed to leave your dog unattended unless it's
crated, right? Wait, maybe it's the dog can't be off leash or uncrated at
any time. They should say, when left alone all dogs must be crated, not
tethered. That would help prevent dogs dying on the grooming table,
right?

natalie

--

What fresh hell is this?
--- Dorothy Parker

Old July 26th 05, 08:37 PM
Robin Nuttall

Janet Puistonen wrote:

If the dog actually had been lost, I guess I could understand a handler with
a truck full of dogs and multiple commitments moving on, since there
wouldn't be much they could really do to find the dog that the owners
couldn't do. Although one would hope that the other owners would have been
understanding if they let everyone know that they had to look for this dog,
and the shows would just have to be missed. But to conceal the fact that he
was dead, as they apparently did, and leave them worrying is just
inexcusable. (And I wonder what on earth they did with his body! Can you
imagine them diggin a hole large enough for an adult male Golden by the side
of a road somewhere?!)

My guess is dump him in a dumpster somewhere. Though at that time of
year the ground was soft. I hope for the owner's sake that he has a
grave and they can find him and bring him home. Apparently the handlers
filed a grievance with the AKC against some of the people who were
trying to find him! Now that's ballsy. The owner, from California, has
spent months in anguish and loads of money to try to find her dog. They
even waited until the weekend was over to tell her. The hanging incident
happened on a Friday. The dog was absent from the shows for the next 3
days. They phoned the owner on Monday.
Old July 26th 05, 08:42 PM
Darby L. Wiggins

I'm not a dog show regular...so is this a common thing to happen...dogs
being injured or killed in this manner? I seems rather like common sense
to me, but then again, so do seat belts and lots of folks don't wear them.
Darby

More BSL (IL) Suja Dog behavior 29 March 5th 05 09:36 PM
Backseat ... err ... handlers [email protected] Dog behavior 24 April 26th 04 07:01 AM
Backseat ... err ... handlers [email protected] Dog behavior 0 April 19th 04 02:21 AM
Backseat ... err ... handlers [email protected] Dog behavior 0 April 19th 04 02:21 AM
Humane Society Sued By Owner Over Spaying Ichydog Dog breeds 6 November 16th 03 03:50 AM