Introducing....

Old July 27th 05, 03:37 PM
KWBrown

Default Introducing....

The puppy formerly known as "Mr. Green," Coastalight Lord of the Isles:

"Hamish".

(being cute)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55641091@N00/25690001/

A handsome, birdy puppy, an observer, and an all-around nice little
dawg.

(stacked)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arfenarf/28390704/

I drove up to the breeder again last night, had a last look at them,
turned each out with a pigeon, and decided. I had narrowed it down to
two: Purple has a wonderful sparkle to his character and was very
tempting, but Green presents a well-rounded package, which is what
we're looking for in a Flat-Coat.

I pick him up Friday night, and we're off on a new adventure!

--
Kate
and Storm and Hamish, the FCRs

Old July 27th 05, 03:45 PM

on 2005-07-27 at 07:37 wrote:

Green presents a well-rounded package, which is what we're
looking for in a Flat-Coat.

congratulations! he's adorable, of course. i really like his
expression in the first photo. he looks like a thinker. i
hope he grows to be everything you want him to be.

I pick him up Friday night, and we're off on a new adventure!

yikes! only two more days!

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/10/05)
Old July 27th 05, 03:55 PM
ceb

"KWBrown" wrote in news:1122475051.861541.319550
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55641091@N00/25690001/

Oh for goodness' sake, that's a face that will melt your heart! Good luck
with him, how fun to have a new puppy!

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old July 27th 05, 04:06 PM
Rocky

"KWBrown" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Purple has a wonderful sparkle to his character and was
very tempting, but Green presents a well-rounded package,
which is what we're looking for in a Flat-Coat.

He certainly looks like a round package, but he'll grow out of
it.

I pick him up Friday night, and we're off on a new
adventure!

You pick him up on Friday? Hmmmm, I can think of a more
appropriate name than Hamish.

Congratulations!

Old July 27th 05, 04:17 PM

on 2005-07-27 at 15:06 wrote:

You pick him up on Friday? Hmmmm, I can think of a more
appropriate name than Hamish.

well, duh. but, i think Hamish is a most excellent name.

Old July 27th 05, 04:25 PM
KWBrown

shelly wrote:

congratulations! he's adorable, of course. i really like his
expression in the first photo. he looks like a thinker. i
hope he grows to be everything you want him to be.

Thanks!

Yes, he's a thinker. At the moment, that's tempered by the nature of a
7.5 week-old puppy:

FLAPflapFlapFlap!

-Hmm. That's cool. Wonder what it is?
-Woah! It's a bird! I'll go get it!
-Play-bow at bird.
-SniffSniffSniffSniff, pickup....
-TrotAround TrotAround...
-Woah! That's a flower! I'll go get it!
-Drop bird, see flower...
-Woah! That's another puppy! I'll go play with it!

etc., etc., etc., etc...

Old July 27th 05, 04:29 PM
KWBrown

Rocky wrote:
"KWBrown" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Purple has a wonderful sparkle to his character and was
very tempting, but Green presents a well-rounded package,
which is what we're looking for in a Flat-Coat.

He certainly looks like a round package, but he'll grow out of
it.

Har. Har. Har. Remind me to get back to you when he goes through his
antelope phase. (Can't remember who it was who used the words "brick
s***house" with reference to my lovely little dog, but when the
hangover wears off, by gum....) He's already growing legs - I think
the Fuzzy Puppy Teddybear stage will last no more than another week or
two.

I pick him up Friday night, and we're off on a new
adventure!

You pick him up on Friday? Hmmmm, I can think of a more
appropriate name than Hamish.

Yeah, but see, that would be copying, which according to my 8-y-o
daughter, is "like, really dumb."

Old July 27th 05, 04:36 PM

on 2005-07-27 at 08:25 wrote:

Yes, he's a thinker. At the moment, that's tempered by the
nature of a 7.5 week-old puppy:

well, yes, that's probably true!

etc., etc., etc., etc...

aw! i love how easily distracted puppies (and some boydogs i
won't mention by name except that it starts with an "E" and
ends in a "T") are. it sounds like Hamish is embracing every
new experience with enthusiasm. what fun!

Old July 27th 05, 04:46 PM
Janet B

On 27 Jul 2005 07:37:31 -0700, "KWBrown" ,
clicked their heels and said:

I pick him up Friday night, and we're off on a new adventure!

--
Kate
and Storm and Hamish, the FCRs

Those green boys --------------- Welcome Hamish - I look forward to
lot's of stories and pictures! He looks like a big boy - what does he
weigh now?

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old July 27th 05, 05:03 PM
diannes

Janet B wrote:

Those green boys ---------------

Well, she can't say that she hasn't been warned!! *g* Here's a silly
pic of my green boy: http://www.dbfields.com/deschamps/utah/utah7.PNG

Pretty boy, Kate. Congrats, and I'm SURE you're going to have tons of
fun with him.

Dianne