Adopted Terrier Cross is peeing on my bed

Old July 27th 05, 05:43 PM
Bunny

Default Adopted Terrier Cross is peeing on my bed

My husband and I recently adopted a terrier cross from a county animal
shelter. She's a beautiful, high strung little girl (spayed, of course)

who has adapted very well to our lives and rountines. She's COMPLETELY
house trained, and smart. She's quickly picked up on phrases like "Bye
bye" to get in our car, or "Bedtime" when we want her in her crate. But

in the almost 2 months we've had her, she's urinated on our bed 3
times, and never under the saqme circumstances.

Once, when everybody was gone at work and daycare, so we started the
crate thing while we went off for the day. Then the next time, I was
home alone in the kitchen and she did it while I was home alone with
her. So I started keeping her out of the bedroom unless my husband or I

were there with her. BUT-- Last saturday I was watching t.v. with my
son and went to get up, and rolled into dog pee! While I was in the
bed!!!

What is up with this? I don't want to give her up, but the laundry
situation is maddening! I work full time and since we are moving this
weekend to a place with a yard, my old man is talking of her becoming a

"yard dog"! Yikes! But she's great, really.

Please, I don't do NGs, as a rule, but I'm hoping that opinions from
different sources will perhaps come up with a workable solution. The
vet I have called this morning (she doesn't have a regular, since the
animal control vet spayed, vaccinated and wormed her for a year just a
few weeks ago) but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I even asked her new
groomer this morning when I dropped her off. Guys--Please no trolls, I
use my comp time at home mostly for bussiness. And I am not a fan of
causing animals pain, so please no "rub her nose in it" type ideas.
Just something simple (she jumps our baby gate) and non-violent,
please. I don't want to exclude her from our bedroom completely.

Thank you.

Bunny