afternoon diarreaha

Old July 28th 05, 01:13 AM
Nancyva Nancyva is offline
Junior Member

Default afternoon diarreaha

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a question about my dog. I have a seven year old Pembrooke Welsh Corgi named Denver, after my favorite all time singer, John Denver. Anyway, he has always been in good health. The last month or so he has had afternoon diarreaha. When we take him out in the morning his first bowel movement is fine, but when we take him out in the afternoon, his bowels turn watery, soft, and sometime mucous is present. I haven't taken him to the vet yet. We switched dog food about the same time from Old Roy weight management to Purina One. The Purina One did not agree with him at all. So we put him back on Old Roy, along with a tbsp. or so of canned pumpkin. He was better for about a week, but I stopped the pumpkin for about a week later, and he is back to the afternoon diarreaha. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause afternoon diarreaha only? The whole cycle, since the beginning of the diarreaha has been about one and one half months. Thanks, Nancy
Old July 28th 05, 03:04 AM
westbank_residents

Nancy:

My dog loved Old Roy and had it for a couple of years until she had
such a bad itch that a vet told me to try veggie food and to avoid Old
Roy - too much filler.

I put her back on IAMS Lamb & Rice after trying 7 other kinds of dry
and wet dog foods. I also noticed that she is more "mucosy" than she
was while on "Old Roy". So I don't know but if you find out . . .
please let me know.

For what it's worth. . . .

Jackie

Old August 1st 05, 04:15 PM
ZPL

How quickly did you do the food switch? Some dogs need a slow mix in (even
up to a couple of bags) in order for their system to settle down. The back
and forth jump may have thrown him for a loop.

If you can, go for some ground turkey and rice (with some pumpkin) for a
couple of days to settle his system down. Try to get him off the Ol' Roy -
vets have a special name disorders in general from dogs on that stuff - it's
called Ol' Roy Disease.

--
Nancyva