New Photos...

Old August 1st 03, 03:23 AM
Andrea

Default New Photos...

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote:
I admit it.
I am addicted to my new digital camera, and am kicking myself
in the butt for not getting one a LONG time ago!

Great pictures! They're both so handsome, and I can see Bodhi's features!
He's surpassed the Plague of the Black Dog.

I've got some pictures from our last hiking venture that I'm thinking about
posting. One has barely discernable blobs of 3 off lead Basenjis racing
across the river delta at low tide. I know what it is, so it's cool, but
it's hard to make out. Then I have a picture of Boo in gasp the water! I
really shouldn't let my DH be the camera man. I'm much better if I do say so
myself. Or at least I take a lot more pictures.

What I can't believe is that in just over a month, Bodhi will
be a year old, and Coda will be *4*!

Where does the time go? My "puppies" are 5 1/2 now. And then there are the
so-called adult dogs: 9 1/2, closer to 10 and nearly 12.

--
-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis

Old August 1st 03, 07:22 AM
Child

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in message
I admit it.
I am addicted to my new digital camera, and am kicking myself
in the butt for not getting one a LONG time ago!
I recently upgraded to a newer Sony model (I think it's a 3.2 mp?)
and I love it.

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/summer.html

Just a few shots of the boys having some summer fun.
What I can't believe is that in just over a month, Bodhi will
be a year old, and Coda will be *4*! It's seems like yesterday...
Shelly & The Boys

BOOTY! CODA!

The close up shows how similar they really look. Loooong noses, cool ears.

But my favorite one is the one of Coda shaking, with his lips a flapping.
He looks like some bizarre warthog creature!

Old August 1st 03, 12:54 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in news:viji8noo896ae1
@corp.supernews.com:

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/summer.html

Yours boys are sooo friggin handsome, it ain't funny!!

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'In a lifetime, the average cat sheds
14.95 lbs. of fur.'

Old August 1st 03, 02:27 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Child" wrote in message

BOOTY! CODA!

The close up shows how similar they really look. Loooong noses, cool

ears.

But my favorite one is the one of Coda shaking, with his lips a flapping.
He looks like some bizarre warthog creature!

Hey! That's not Coda! That's Lab-girlie pal, Molly! She's a very
cool Lab, and a weird light brown color for a chocolate. I like her,
I think her color is more reminiscent of a CBR than a choc. lab, which
I think is why my Dad liked her best.
Shelly & The Boys

Old August 1st 03, 02:39 PM
Dimpled Chad

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in news:viji8noo896ae1
@corp.supernews.com:

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/summer.html

Yours boys are sooo friggin handsome, it ain't funny!!

Ditto that. What fun they're havin, too! Yay!
Chad
--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Wilson Jack (tm), rhymes with smack, not with grapefruit....
Old August 1st 03, 03:18 PM
Sionnach

Just a few shots of the boys having some summer fun.
What I can't believe is that in just over a month, Bodhi will
be a year old, and Coda will be *4*! It seems like yesterday...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing- I especially like the side-by-side
head shot.

And I know what you mean about how fast time goes... hard to believe that
Rocsi was two last month, Mw just turned five, and Brenin's *eight*.
'Course with Rocsi, she still looks like a puppy, and always will, I think.

Sarah
Brenin, CGC, AD, O-EAC-V, O-EJC-V, EGC
Gwydion, Handy Cat
Morag Thistledown, Novice Triple Superior, S-OAC, S-OJC, O-OGC, EJC
Robyn Meezer, Inspector of Human Activity
Rocsi Cadarn, S-NJC, NAC, NGTG, OGTG

Old August 1st 03, 04:12 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Sionnach" wrote in message

Just a few shots of the boys having some summer fun.
What I can't believe is that in just over a month, Bodhi will
be a year old, and Coda will be *4*! It seems like yesterday...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing- I especially like the side-by-side
head shot.

And I know what you mean about how fast time goes... hard to believe that
Rocsi was two last month, Mw just turned five, and Brenin's *eight*.
'Course with Rocsi, she still looks like a puppy, and always will, I

think.

Wow...here I was thinking that Rocsi was still around a year old!
(I know you've started competing in agility w/ her, but she's little,
and they can get away w/ starting earlier than big dogs...)
Here I am starting to see that most vets (and businesses) are
considering dogs over 6 to be seniors. Seniors? Oh my, 6 to
me is only half of a life, at the very least...
Shelly & The Boys

Old August 1st 03, 06:53 PM
Stafford A. Rau

"Shelly & The Boys" writes:

I admit it.

I admit that I secretly (or not so secretly) covet your dogs.

Great pictures, so good that they reminded me of a really sad sight I
experienced at the park a few weeks ago -

There was a guy and his kid with two Belgian Shepherds, a dog and a
bitch. The bitch was really small, probably shorter than Sadie, but
the dog was probably normal height.

Both of them were hugely over weight, to the point where the bitch was
not at all active, just kinda plodded after her humans, and the dog
tried to run after a ball...but really couldn't.

Blech. I'm glad I've seen Bodhi and know what a cool breed they really
can be.
--
Stafford A. Rau
raudog @ rauhaus.org
Old August 1st 03, 07:35 PM
sionnach

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote:
Wow...here I was thinking that Rocsi was still around a year old!

As we both said, time flies. G I got her on Sept. 12, 2001.

(I know you've started competing in agility w/ her, but she's little,
and they can get away w/ starting earlier than big dogs...)

Well, only if you're doing AKC. NADAC and USDAA don't allow dogs to enter
until they're 18 months; she was actually 20 months old at her "debut".

Here I am starting to see that most vets (and businesses) are
considering dogs over 6 to be seniors.

Yep. In NADAC, dogs over seven can be entered as Veterans.

Seniors? Oh my, 6 to
me is only half of a life, at the very least...

I know... I can only hope that eight is half for Bren. (I doubt it,
though he's in fantastic shape for a 58-lb, 8.5 yo dog.)

Old August 1st 03, 08:08 PM
culprit

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in message
I admit it.
I am addicted to my new digital camera, and am kicking myself
in the butt for not getting one a LONG time ago!
I recently upgraded to a newer Sony model (I think it's a 3.2 mp?)
and I love it.

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/summer.html

Just a few shots of the boys having some summer fun.
What I can't believe is that in just over a month, Bodhi will
be a year old, and Coda will be *4*! It's seems like yesterday...

cute!

so what day is Bodhi's birthday? Lola and Manu will both be a year old next
month too. we don't know the exact days, but we're calling it the 5th,
because that's the SO's b-day too.
we'll have Pup Cakes all around!

-kelly