another unprovoked rottweiller kills 2 year old...............

Old August 8th 05, 12:33 PM
EG

Default another unprovoked rottweiller kills 2 year old...............

http://cbs2.com/localnews/localnewsl...215123654.html.

Read on you DOG LOVING FREAKS!! Your child is next unless we stop this
senseless killing. Kill all the Pit Bull/Terrier/Rottweillers dogs and
save the humans

Old August 8th 05, 04:41 PM
flick

"EG" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://cbs2.com/localnews/localnewsl...215123654.html.

Read on you DOG LOVING FREAKS!! Your child is next unless we stop this
senseless killing. Kill all the Pit Bull/Terrier/Rottweillers dogs and
save the humans

You're just a troll, but anyway.

There are over 50 million pet dogs in the U.S. The average number of fatal
dog attacks per year is around 15. Obviously, owning a dog of any breed is
not very dangerous wry grin.

When I read an article about a fatal dog attack that has enough detail to be
meaningful, it's clear that at least half the deaths were caused by owner
mismanagement, to include not neutering male dogs.

About 25-30 breeds have killed people, ranging in size from the Saint
Bernard all the way down to the Pomeranian, which is a dog not much bigger
than a housecat.

Even the CDC, which keeps the stats, says that statistically speaking one
breed is not more dangerous than another. When a breed becomes popular and
there are more of it, naturally more of that breed will be responsible for
deaths.

flick 100785

Old August 8th 05, 08:03 PM
refined

I am very sorry for the loss of the child. I can not imagine that
horror. I will pray for you. I love dogs, but some have no business
being on this earth and should be put down. I hope that justice will
prevail in this case & that this dog will be put down.

Old August 8th 05, 11:56 PM
Michael A. Ball

On 8 Aug 2005 12:03:17 -0700, "refined" wrote:

I am very sorry for the loss of the child...I hope that justice will
prevail in this case & that this dog will be put down.

JUSTICE!? Is that justice?

Some people don't deserve to have any sort of dog; and certainly not a
powerful dog they can't possibly manage. Those people, not their dogs,
ought be rounded up and "put down". I'd gladly donate my time and
equipment to help achieve that goal.

Whatever it takes.
Old August 9th 05, 05:34 AM
refined

You are right. There can never be enough "justice" to compensate for
anyones life in a situation like that. I do not know what else to say
except that the whole situation really makes me sad, deep in my heart.
I do not mean to provoke anyones anger or hurt. I am in agreement that
dangerous dogs of any shape or size should be under control at all
times. There are no excuses for these types of accidents.

Old August 17th 05, 01:52 AM
Chanzilla

Can you point me towards the original article? I want to do a small
piece about the myths and realities of dog attacks. I own an AmStaff
and while she's not the mean vicious monster depicted in the media,
she's not a wimpy little coward either. Raising her is like raising a
hyperactive kid who can easily get into trouble. While she is very
territorial around the house, she is a flirtatious socialite at the dog
parks and while on walks. I want to show a very personal side to the
debate, and help point people to the right places for more information.
I've already started an effort to work with my mail carrier and his
supervisor on creating an online piece about policies and attitudes of
the USPS in relation to dogs - we had an embarrassing incident which
lead to the suspension of my mail service for about a week. No hard
feelings, but it was definitely an education for me that I want to
share with others.

In article , flick
wrote:

oups.com...