TOBS: Ape to Man on the history channel

Old August 10th 05, 11:10 PM
bodacious

Default TOBS: Ape to Man on the history channel

As a JW for the last 36 years, I was interested in the references in this
thread and sorry that I missed the start. My dog Charlie had to be put to
sleep as he got cancer around Jan this year. In an attempt to keep my mind
in the present and not suffer the loneliness of missing my dear friend, I
started taking in other peoples' dogs while their owners were on holiday.
I have searched our indexes and the JW's CD for any reference to the hunting
habits of either domesticated canines or their wild cousins -- without
success. I am curious then about the reference(s) mentioned. I am beginning
to wonder if the words were a quote from another source.
We believe that all animals are gifts from God and that they should
therefore be treated with respect. For sure we do not slit their throats as
animal sacrifices to appease our God, Jehovah. That ended when the Temple in
Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans, I believe. In truth, I cannot help
but wonder why there should be any mention of any religious group in this
NG. And anyway, the practise had nothing to do with Christians but Jews who
rejected the "new covalent" and Islam. Anyway, enough of the soapbox stuff.
How about we get back to "dogs.behaviour"?
Best wishes
Arty Scott UK

--
Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals, "love" them. But those who
respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them

Old August 10th 05, 11:16 PM

bodacious wrote:
And anyway, the practise had nothing to do with Christians but Jews who
rejected the "new covalent" and Islam.

Lovely. Mayhaps you should learn something about what
Jewish law says (and has said since well before the founding
of Islam) before you shoot off your ignorant mouth.

An increase in government debt is the present value
of future tax increases.
Old August 12th 05, 04:20 AM
Kevin Michael Vail

"bodacious" wrote:

rejected the "new covalent" and Islam. Anyway, enough of the soapbox stuff.

How do they keep their molecules together then?
--
Bright eyes/burning like fire, | Kevin Michael Vail
Bright eyes/how can you close and fail? |