Puppy eating poop!!!

Old August 10th 05, 11:48 PM
DisneyDana

Default Puppy eating poop!!!

Hi all,
I have a 3 month old pug that has decided that this weeks adventure is
going to be poop eating. She started last week by just taking her paw and
rolling it around like dogs do with bugs or something. Now she's moved on
to the taste test....and she likes it! Any good advice on how to get this
behavior to stop before she becomes a conisour? lol

another quick OT question....any outlook express users know how to turn on
the spell check feature in the toolbar? It's up there, but I can't click on
it, and I know I've spelled conisour wrong. :-D
--
DisneyDana

Old August 11th 05, 01:28 AM
Tee

"DisneyDana" wrote in message
. com...
Hi all,
I have a 3 month old pug that has decided that this weeks adventure is
going to be poop eating. She started last week by just taking her paw and
rolling it around like dogs do with bugs or something. Now she's moved on
to the taste test....and she likes it! Any good advice on how to get this
behavior to stop before she becomes a conisour? lol

another quick OT question....any outlook express users know how to turn on
the spell check feature in the toolbar? It's up there, but I can't click
on it, and I know I've spelled conisour wrong. :-D

Google for Coprophagia and you'll find plenty of returns for poop-eating
with the varying theorized causes and possible remedies. As for OE go to
ToolsOptions and click on the Spelling tab. Look through the check boxes
on that tab to see what the problem is.

--
Tara

Old August 11th 05, 01:07 PM
David S.

We had a puppy that did that. The vet gave us some kind of powder to
sprinkle on her food. It was supposed to make the excrement distasteful. I
am not sure that really worked, but the dog stopped the behavior as she got
older. We got her in January, meaning cold here, so she was paper trained
at first and that is when she was eating her poop. When she was older, and
spring came, she shifted to being house broke and did her business outside.
I do not know if the change in the disgusting practice was due to her
getting older, the stuff the vet prescribed, or that she was going outside.
Maybe a bit of all three. In any case she stopped that behavior and never
did it again.

Good luck.

Old August 11th 05, 07:37 PM
It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson