Basset Hound

Old August 1st 03, 05:13 AM
Jo Wolf

Default Basset Hound

Do a Google search, or use some other search engine. It would be odd
that you can't find much on a popular breed like this! But the best
information will come from Books about the breed, and long-time owners
and breeders.

Also, go to the AKC web site and get into the Breeds section, to the
breed clubs then into Hounds, then Bassetts... I think it's Bassett Club
of America. Clicking on the name of the club often will take you to the
club website. Many clubs have modestly priced information packets....

I only know a few Bassetts, and haven't lived with one, but I've
observed that they are basically happy, sometimes a bit clownish, are
controlled by their very good noses, and are free thinkers. They are
Big dogs with short legs. They do shed significantly. They are much
more trainable than they want you to realize....

There are very active Bassett rescue groups all over the country...
because there are far too many backyard breeders....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Blue Tick Hound Joe Dog breeds 3 June 29th 05 12:24 AM
My smelly male basset hound / Please help me mule fan 101 Dog breeds 8 June 28th 05 12:41 AM