Miss Harriet Brown, Queen of Bones

Old August 16th 05, 04:25 PM

Default Miss Harriet Brown, Queen of Bones

Suja requested photos of Little Missy hogging all the bones,
even though she has no bone-chewing competition.

they're in the first folder. the full-sized photos are large,
but if you click on the thumbnails, it'll take you to smaller,
medium-sized images (all are under 100k).

http://cat-sidh.net/Photography/index.html

she still won't go off the deck unless she absolutely has to.
she's not very interested in walks, either, but that could be
partially due to the heat and humidity. she seems fine
otherwise. she's initiating play and has started to show
interest in bossing the cats around again.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/10/05)
Old August 17th 05, 02:58 PM
Suja

shelly wrote:
Suja requested photos of Little Missy hogging all the bones,
even though she has no bone-chewing competition.

Thank you for posting the pictures. Poor Harriet, she just knows that
she has to hog the bones. Just doesn't have the first clue why she is
doing it.

she still won't go off the deck unless she absolutely has to.
she's not very interested in walks, either, but that could be
partially due to the heat and humidity.

I'd agree. I don't know if it is just me, but this summer has been
pretty horrid. I can't remember the last time I had to cut our walks
short because I felt like I was going to pass out. Poor Khan had the
zoomies on Monday evening, when it was still something like 87 degrees
outside. While he got it out of his system, and it is always fun
watching my big serious dog being a goofball, he paid for it dearly.

she seems fine
otherwise. she's initiating play and has started to show
interest in bossing the cats around again.

That's good news. Hopefully, she'll perk up once it gets a little cooler.

Suja

Old August 17th 05, 06:18 PM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:58:15 -0400, Suja wrote:

Thank you for posting the pictures. Poor Harriet, she just knows that
she has to hog the bones. Just doesn't have the first clue why she is
doing it.

because she's Little Miss Greedy Pants?

I'd agree. I don't know if it is just me, but this summer has been
pretty horrid.

that's one word for it. not only has it been unnaturally hot and humid,
but we're only averaging one rain/month.

I can't remember the last time I had to cut our walks
short because I felt like I was going to pass out. Poor Khan had the
zoomies on Monday evening, when it was still something like 87 degrees
outside. While he got it out of his system, and it is always fun
watching my big serious dog being a goofball, he paid for it dearly.

poor boy. i'm not surprised. it's too disgusting hot and humid for man
or beast, as They say. i'm getting ready to drag harriet down to the
mailbox, which might be all the walking either of us are interested in
today.

That's good news. Hopefully, she'll perk up once it gets a little cooler.

hopefully! in the meantime, at least she's being helpful around the
house:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...0/100_0612.jpg

http://www.cat-sidh.net || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

You arrange fruit in a bowl... and then you watch it *rot*.
-- Eddie Izzard
Old August 17th 05, 07:01 PM
ceb

shelly wrote in
:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...0/100_0612.jpg

She is a very good pup helper!

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old August 17th 05, 07:22 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Suja wrote in news:ScLMe.1500$ej5.426@lakeread05:

shelly wrote:

hopefully! in the meantime, at least she's being helpful around the
house:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...0/100_0612.jpg

You'll have to be a little more specific. What exactly is she "helping"
you with?

Making sure that the sofa doesn't jump up and run away with all of the
clothes of course.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

Old August 17th 05, 08:59 PM
Rocky

Suja said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...00/100_0612.jp

You'll have to be a little more specific. What exactly is
she "helping" you with?

She's acting as an electron dump to bleed off the clothing's
remaining static cling. As you can see by the still-clinging
Bounce(tm) sheet, she's not doing a very good job.

Old August 18th 05, 03:14 PM

on 2005-08-17 at 14:30 wrote:

You'll have to be a little more specific. What exactly is
she "helping" you with?

moral support, mostly. you know how feisty laundry can get.

Old August 18th 05, 03:17 PM

on 2005-08-17 at 19:59 wrote:

She's acting as an electron dump to bleed off the clothing's
remaining static cling. As you can see by the still-clinging
Bounce(tm) sheet, she's not doing a very good job.

hmmm. you may have something there. perhaps she's working on
a static electric black hole? i don't *think* she's been in
s33kr1t talks with Harlan, but i cannot guarantee it.