In Appreciation

Old August 17th 05, 08:12 PM
Mary Healey

Suja wrote in news:ORLMe.1506$ej5.728@lakeread05:

There is nothing like having someone else's dog at home to make you
appreciate what lovely creatures your own dogs are. So, I want to thank
my dogs for...

Okay, why are my dogs at your house?!? Those velcro, food-obsessed, nutso-
for-walkies, toilet-water-drinkin' dogs are supposed to be at home, asleep,
darnit. PS, watch out for the flower-eating, plant-digging, stinky-rolling
aspects are their charm, 'cause it's only amusing the first 300 times.)

(And what do I owe you for entertaining them while I'm not looking? The
transportation costs alone will beggar me, I'm sure.)

Old August 17th 05, 08:14 PM
Suja

Default In Appreciation

There is nothing like having someone else's dog at home to make you
appreciate what lovely creatures your own dogs are. So, I want to thank
my dogs for...

1. Being secure (or maybe it is lazy) enough that they don't have to
constantly follow me around and be completely underfoot. And for
understanding what 'Out' means, should they get underfoot.

2. Being food motivated enough to eat their own food with gusto, but
not so much that they covet other dogs' food, the open bag of dog food
on the floor, the plate with leftover Tiramisu on the coffee table, etc.

3. Being smart enough to be easily trained, but not so smart that they
figure things out for themselves. No, figuring out how to open the lid
of the toilet bowl so you could help yourself to the contents is not
going to win you any accolades around here (See #4).

4. Figuring out that the toilet bowl is NOT a giant water bowl with
renewable water supply.

5. Being excited enough about our outings that you'd think they've
never gone out before, but not being so dorky and over excited as to
have to walk around in circles, bark endlessly in a high pitched,
annoying voice, getting in your way, stand rightinfront of the door so
you can't open it, etc.

They're just the best in the world. In their own rotten little ways.

Suja

Old August 17th 05, 08:32 PM
Suja

Mary Healey wrote:

Okay, why are my dogs at your house?!?

Well, what'd you expect out of those rotten little stinkers?

Suja
Old August 18th 05, 02:45 AM
bethgsd

Suja wrote:

4. Figuring out that the toilet bowl is NOT a giant water bowl with
renewable water supply.

Trip and Wojo know that it is! And the cats agree.
And I bet the dog you're taking care of isn't anywhere as bad as my
sister's insane, PITA dog.

Beth

Old August 18th 05, 03:51 PM
Suja

bethgsd wrote:

And I bet the dog you're taking care of isn't anywhere as bad as my
sister's insane, PITA dog.

Story time?

Suja