Off to Saskatoon

Old August 18th 05, 07:01 AM
Rocky

Default Off to Saskatoon

We're leaving in 7 hours.

Wish Me'n'Friday luck. There are about 450 dogs entered in this
year's nationals, probably about 100 in Friday's class, usually
the largest (22" regular).

Old August 18th 05, 07:51 AM
Paula

On 18 Aug 2005 06:01:36 GMT, Rocky wrote:

We're leaving in 7 hours.

Wish Me'n'Friday luck. There are about 450 dogs entered in this
year's nationals, probably about 100 in Friday's class, usually
the largest (22" regular).

Are you supposed to wish good luck or break a leg when it's a doggie
performance? Whichever means kick their butts and have fun doing it,
that's the one I wish you.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay
Old August 18th 05, 12:48 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Rocky wrote in
:

We're leaving in 7 hours.

Wish Me'n'Friday luck. There are about 450 dogs entered in this
year's nationals, probably about 100 in Friday's class, usually
the largest (22" regular).

Good luck, and bring bug spray. There are lots (and I mean lots) of
mosquitos this year.
--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old August 18th 05, 02:30 PM
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:
We're leaving in 7 hours.

Wish Me'n'Friday luck. There are about 450 dogs entered in this
year's nationals, probably about 100 in Friday's class, usually
the largest (22" regular).

Best of luck. May you run wild and happy and clean.

And of course we expect a full debriefing when you return.
Old August 18th 05, 03:13 PM

on 2005-08-18 at 06:01 wrote:

We're leaving in 7 hours.

Wish Me'n'Friday luck. There are about 450 dogs entered in
this year's nationals, probably about 100 in Friday's class,
usually the largest (22" regular).

wheee! good luck and i hope y'all have lots of fun!

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/10/05)
Old August 19th 05, 01:01 AM
Alison

--"Rocky" wrote in message
We're leaving in 7 hours.

Wish Me'n'Friday luck. There are about 450 dogs entered in this
year's nationals, probably about 100 in Friday's class, usually
the largest (22" regular).

Good luck and have fun
Alison

Old August 23rd 05, 03:49 AM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

And of course we expect a full debriefing when you return.

Here's a mini-debriefing (at least until I see the final
results).

I'm really happy with Friday's and my results. For those who
didn't archive and reread my posts from this time last year,
heh, this is the AAC Nationals format: Three runs each day,
Standard, Gamblers, and Jumpers. With Standard, the team starts
at 100 points and points are deducted for bad stuff (5 for
knocked bar, missed contact, and a few other things; then
there's 20 for an off course or non-completion). Jumpers is the
same but starts counting down from 75. Gamblers scoring is
points accumulated in the opening plus 35 if you make the
closing.

If you run fast and clean, the extra seconds go to your score.

Anyway, Friday and I had great fun running against teams way
better than us. I'm extraordinarily pleased, though, at the way
we did poorly. In every round, I made only one mistake, but we
ran fast enough that if I hadn't made those mistakes (losing
those time bonuses), we would have finished with the big guns.

I don't mean the preceding as a "what if", "if only", or "damn,
I just missed it." Far from it, because we finished way down in
our class.

I haven't seen the final results, though Terry Smorch and Remy
won the division (22" Regular) that I was in. He was in my
group so I got to see his runs and talk a bit. What a nice guy.

Old August 23rd 05, 04:18 AM
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:
Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Here's a mini-debriefing (at least until I see the final
results).

Okay, I'll let you get away with that for now but I want more detail
later! Like, what did you like best about your runs, what did you feel
you did really well on, etc.

I haven't seen the final results, though Terry Smorch and Remy
won the division (22" Regular) that I was in. He was in my
group so I got to see his runs and talk a bit. What a nice guy.

I have seen him at a few trials and yes, he seems very nice.
Old August 23rd 05, 04:48 AM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Here's a mini-debriefing (at least until I see the final
results).

Okay, I'll let you get away with that for now but I want
more detail later! Like, what did you like best about your
runs, what did you feel you did really well on, etc.

That'll involve scanning in quarter-size course maps which have
spent a few days in my pocket. I'll see if I can make them
readable. Dang, but some of those courses looked easy on the
ground. Even some of the best handlers found this not to be the
case.

BTW, I brought home a full Signature Gear electronic timing
system.

Old August 23rd 05, 01:46 PM
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:

That'll involve scanning in quarter-size course maps which have
spent a few days in my pocket. I'll see if I can make them
readable. Dang, but some of those courses looked easy on the
ground. Even some of the best handlers found this not to be the
case.

Scan them and send them to me and I can put them into CRCD. But it will
be a few days before I can do that, I'm swamped at the moment.

BTW, I brought home a full Signature Gear electronic timing
system.

Yay! You'll love them.