Interesting wagging behavior

Old August 19th 05, 06:53 AM
Debbie the Dogged

Default Interesting wagging behavior

Angel will be lying peacefully on my bed, then suddenly her tail will
wag like crazy a few times, she'll shift position, then lie quiety for a
while longer, then repeat the whole process. None of my other dogs do
this: anyone have any idea what it means?
--
Debbie the Dogged das at spamcop dot net
"Poodles are space aliens who think they've disguised
Old August 19th 05, 08:59 AM
Paula

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:53:34 -0700, Debbie the Dogged
wrote:

Angel will be lying peacefully on my bed, then suddenly her tail will
wag like crazy a few times, she'll shift position, then lie quiety for a
while longer, then repeat the whole process. None of my other dogs do
this: anyone have any idea what it means?

Sounds like what my legs do sometimes when I am trying to get to
sleep. Is there a restless tail syndrome?

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay
Old August 19th 05, 04:10 PM
Cathy D

In article , Debbie the
Dogged wrote:

Angel will be lying peacefully on my bed, then suddenly her tail will
wag like crazy a few times, she'll shift position, then lie quiety for a
while longer, then repeat the whole process. None of my other dogs do
this: anyone have any idea what it means?

Is she sleeping when she does this? My dog will make different noises,
wag her tail and even move her feet as if she is running at times when
she is sleeping. Our other dog will make noises and move her feet but
doesn't do any tail wagging.

Cathy

e-mail address: cathyd at empire1.net
Naturally the 'at' should be changed! The number also needs to be spelled
out.

Old August 19th 05, 05:21 PM
FurPaw

Debbie the Dogged wrote:
Angel will be lying peacefully on my bed, then suddenly her tail will
wag like crazy a few times, she'll shift position, then lie quiety for a
while longer, then repeat the whole process. None of my other dogs do
this: anyone have any idea what it means?

Oppie, our Lab, does this - starts wagging his tail when he's
resting, for no apparent reason. But in his case, he doesn't change
position. We figure he's just a happy dog.:-)

FurPaw

--
"Don't believe everything that you think."
- Seen on a bumper sticker

To reply, unleash the dog
Old August 20th 05, 12:00 PM
bodacious

I've always understood that dogs drop into REM sleep very quickly. I
therefore believe that your pet is dreaming happily of walkies in the
morning or that bitch down the road etc. When my dog Charlie was dying of
cancer and had snapped both his crutiate ligaments, it made me feel SO good
to hear his tail slapping on the floor beside my bed--then, I too could go
to sleep feeling more relaxed.
My best wishes to you both
Wess

--
Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals, "love" them. But those who
respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them