Interesting Vaccination Info.

Old August 1st 03, 05:19 AM
Jo Wolf

Default Interesting Vaccination Info.

Liz, a friend who works at a vet school says that this one has a lot of
hooie in it... wishful thinking. All 27 vet schools have NOT changed
their vaccination protocols.... although most, if not all, are
discussing it. There is research underway to determine safe intervals
between boosters... as in how long the vaccine "lasts" between
boosters... which was not required when the vaccines were licensed.
There is a new office test kit to determine titer levels for parvo and
distemper.... but there is no standard for how low the titer can be and
still be effective.

This "letter" has been around for a while... It isn't new!

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old August 2nd 03, 01:04 AM
Elizabeth DeLeo

"Jo Wolf" wrote in message
Liz, a friend who works at a vet school says that this one has a lot of
hooie in it... wishful thinking. All 27 vet schools have NOT changed
their vaccination protocols.... although most, if not all, are
discussing it. There is research underway to determine safe intervals
between boosters... as in how long the vaccine "lasts" between
boosters... which was not required when the vaccines were licensed.
There is a new office test kit to determine titer levels for parvo and
distemper.... but there is no standard for how low the titer can be and
still be effective.

This "letter" has been around for a while... It isn't new!

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Hi Jo
Yes, I know it is far from new thinking, just didn't remember seeing
anything posted here regarding thoughts on it.
We have one vet up here in the Desert (his name escapes me for the moment)
who does in fact do some bit of research on the subject - unlike most, and
has now for at least 3 or 4 years that I remember, adhered though somewhat
loosely, to the thinking that boosters are "usually" not indicated nearly as
often as previously thought. He is however "death" on combos and I believe
was one of the first, if not "the" first to refuse to give them in S.Cal.
I have not heard from or seen him lately to see if his mind has changed on
anything.
Lizzie