one year ago

Old August 24th 05, 10:00 PM
MauiJNP

Default one year ago

I can't believe it. I got Maui one year ago tomorrow after having known
about him for only 2 days. I meet the breeder part way which ended up being
in the parking lot of Cabela's (the hunting, fishing, etc store) and she was
so late for our meeting that I almost thought she wasn't ever going to be
there. It was nearly midnight when she finally came and we met Maui (who
was named earlier that day without seeing him first). My dad drove me so
that I could hold Maui on the way home. He was so tiny that he wasn't even
2 pounds and he had the cutest bear-like paws I had ever seen. My arm was
in a sling due to an elbow injury the previous week but I quickly threw it
off and wrapped both arms around Maui. My dad who didn't even want me to
get a dog (I was/am still living with my parents) fell in love immediately
and waiting anxiously for his chance to hold Maui (when I had to sign some
papers with the breeder). Maui has been by my side ever since and I owe him
dearly for getting me few some difficult times. So, here's to Maui and
hopefully our many, many, many more happy and healthy years together. I
love you dearly Maui and wouldn't change you for the world.

Old August 25th 05, 01:49 AM
Kayla

I'm happy for you. I got my sheltie 14 months ago after going through
a rough time with some things and she was a lifesaver. My old sheltie
had died and it was so lonely so it was a big help having the puppy
around. She gives me a run for my money but I wouldn't have it any
other way. Oops. Did I just say that???? ;-)

Lori
Old August 25th 05, 03:28 AM
flick

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
[...]

This is very nice. Thanks for sharing it.

flick 100785

Old August 25th 05, 03:52 PM
Ronna

MauiJNP wrote:
[...]

Happy "Got Day" Maui BTW, what kind of dog is Maui?

Old August 25th 05, 09:57 PM
MauiJNP

"Ronna" wrote in message
oups.com...

MauiJNP wrote:
[...]

Thanks! He's actually a toy poodle but I think he doesn't know that! He
not only likes to hunt and track outdoor life but he is also good at and
enjoys retrieving. His best friends are also big dogs, Weims and Dobermans
especially.

Old August 25th 05, 10:23 PM
Ronna

Thanks! He's actually a toy poodle but I think he doesn't know that! He
not only likes to hunt and track outdoor life but he is also good at and
enjoys retrieving. His best friends are also big dogs, Weims and Dobermans
especially.

I also have a Toy Poodle and no, they certainly don't think they are
Toys at all He lives with a Great Dane and a GSD and he rules the
roost.

TP's are super intelligent, I've taught my guy tons of tricks, my
favorite one is "Scooter"... He came home from the groomers one time
with an itchy bum, so he was scooting his bum on the carpet. I got out
the clicker and caught the behavior. So now he scoots his butt across
the floor on command

Do you have any pics? What color is Maui? Pip, my Poodle, is white.
I never thought I'd want a little white foofy dog, but Pip has me
hooked on Poodles now

Old August 25th 05, 11:58 PM
MauiJNP

"Ronna" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks! He's actually a toy poodle but I think he doesn't know that! He
not only likes to hunt and track outdoor life but he is also good at and
enjoys retrieving. His best friends are also big dogs, Weims and
Dobermans
especially.

I also have a Toy Poodle and no, they certainly don't think they are
Toys at all He lives with a Great Dane and a GSD and he rules the
roost.

TP's are super intelligent, I've taught my guy tons of tricks, my
favorite one is "Scooter"... He came home from the groomers one time
with an itchy bum, so he was scooting his bum on the carpet. I got out
the clicker and caught the behavior. So now he scoots his butt across
the floor on command

The toy poodle we had growing up would do that move too but it usually meant
she needed to be cleaned off down there so we had to watch closely where and
when she did it.

Do you have any pics? What color is Maui? Pip, my Poodle, is white.
I never thought I'd want a little white foofy dog, but Pip has me
hooked on Poodles now

The poodle I had growing up was only 3-4 pounds so I always wanted a "real
dog" like a rottweiler or a lab but when it was time to get my own dog, I
knew I wanted a poodle (due to allergies too) but also because I loved their
curly hair. I almost got a mini but then at the last minute ended up with a
toy. Next dog I get might be a mini poodle though (the shelter has a really
cool one available that I might have to get).

Anyway, here is Maui on dogster
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=132180

And, I think your dog Pip is Maui's dogster buddy.

Old August 26th 05, 01:47 AM
bizby40

"MauiJNP" wrote in message

"Ronna" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

How adorable -- and I can't get over how much he looks
like Lexi! No recent pics of Lexi though... :-(

Bizby

Old August 26th 05, 02:28 AM
MauiJNP

How adorable -- and I can't get over how much he looks
like Lexi! No recent pics of Lexi though... :-(

Bizby

Thanks, I think he's adorable too! That's a shame you don't have more of
Lexi, he was so cute and I've been wanting to see how he's grown and
changed. They grow to fast and I bet he got even cuter. I have been
wanting to put more recent pics of Maui on dogster but I keep forgetting,
the last pic on there is from when he was about 8 months old and he's now 14
months!

Old August 26th 05, 04:04 PM
Ronna

Anyway, here is Maui on dogster
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=132180

And, I think your dog Pip is Maui's dogster buddy.

Oh yeah!! I remember Maui, he has the natural tail like Pip does, I
remember asking you about it

He is adorable, one of my favorites of Pips dogster buddies