Has Anyone Heard???

Old August 30th 05, 05:39 AM
Loise

Default Has Anyone Heard???

From Terri or Susan? If you have can you post? I've got a daughter and
grandaughter who are currently out of communication in Sliddel, La. CNN
seems to be concentrating on the big cities, like New Orleans...
I worry about missing friends...and family.
Lois E

Old August 30th 05, 01:26 PM
Tee

"Loise" wrote in message
From Terri or Susan? If you have can you post? I've got a daughter and
grandaughter who are currently out of communication in Sliddel, La. CNN
seems to be concentrating on the big cities, like New Orleans...
I worry about missing friends...and family.
Lois E

I'm sorry, I haven' theard from either person (not likely to), but I'd like
to add Perry Templeton to the list.

--
Tara

Old August 30th 05, 01:46 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Tee" wrote in
:

I'm sorry, I haven' theard from either person (not likely to), but I'd
like to add Perry Templeton to the list.

I can let everyone know that Perry is safe and sound. Relatively unscathed
is the words she used. She lost power for most of the day, but had it back
last night sometime.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old August 30th 05, 02:01 PM
Tee

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
"Tee" wrote in
:

I'm sorry, I haven' theard from either person (not likely to), but I'd
like to add Perry Templeton to the list.

I can let everyone know that Perry is safe and sound. Relatively unscathed
is the words she used. She lost power for most of the day, but had it back
last night sometime.

Thanks for the update Marcel!

--
Tara

Old August 30th 05, 06:37 PM
Loise

"Tee" wrote in message
"Loise" wrote in message
From Terri or Susan? I've got a daughter and grandaughter who are
currently out of communication in Sliddel, La. I worry about missing
friends...and family.
Lois E

I'm sorry, I haven' theard from either person (not likely to), but I'd
like to add Perry Templeton to the list.

--
Tara

I can let everyone know that Perry is safe and sound. Relatively unscathed
is the words she used. She lost power for most of the day, but had it back
last night sometime.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

Best wishes and prayers to everyone who is suffering through this incredible
experience. Still haven't been able to contact my daughter....
Glad Perry is okay.
Lois E

Old August 30th 05, 06:55 PM
Perry Templeton

It was a doozy. Power went out right at 5:30am. Lep and I had gotten up
early and brewed a pot of coffee. So we had hot coffee while Katrina danced
all over our backside.
We were close enough to the eyewall that we could see it. The wind started
in one direction and as the storm got latitude even with us, the wind
switched direction. It started out coming from due north, then a hard west.
Then when the strong south winds came, we knew she was past us. I have a
barometer that I watch faithfully, hurricane or not. As the storm got even
with our latitude, my barometer read the lowest I've ever seen,
As the storm rose above our latitude, the barometer also rose. That's how I
could tell what was going on. Neighbors roofs came apart. Lots of tin
flying all over. I had some close friends call me, panicking, and begging
me to leave. Well, for one, we were staying put because of the dogs. And
if someone ever asks if dogs appreciate your company and dedication, after
this, I know they do. They stayed close to us the whole time. It was a
heavy weight for them to have that much faith in our ability to keep them
safe. If the weather just got toooooo snarky, we have our
shop. It is almost invisible to the wind. But when I built my house, I
incorporated commercial construction techniques in my roof, rather than
residential. Nothing budged. I have parts of my neighbors' houses all
around me.
We routinely trim our oak trees on our rent property across the street. We
had some branches come off of them, but nothing really major. Three boards
came off the bottom of one of the rent houses.
I have not heard from the tenant living in my dad's house in Luling. It was
in the direct path. I'm sure the tenant hauled ass if he was smart.
Lots of leaves and small branches to pick up here, mostly I have a mess
thing, nothing structural.
Our power is back on this evening, which is a miracle in itself.
I was sitting outside eating...and a hummingbird flew all around my back
yard. All the flowers have been stripped off the plants by the wind, AND I
took down the feeders. Poor baby, I put down my dish and went and filled
the feeders asap. The hummingbirds are feeding voraciously...I guess with
their metabolism and having to hunker down a few days, they are starving.
We're fine, the dogs are fine.
Perry

"Loise" wrote in message

"Tee" wrote in message
From Terri or Susan? I've got a daughter and grandaughter who are

Old August 30th 05, 10:31 PM
Loise

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
It was a doozy. Power went out right at 5:30am. Lep and I had gotten up
early and brewed a pot of coffee. So we had hot coffee while Katrina
danced
all over our backside.
We're fine, the dogs are fine.
Perry

Good to hear from you Perry....glad you are safe. Still no word on daughter
and grandaughter. Just saw pictures of Slidell...it's not there anymore.
I could use some prayers here.
Lois E.

Old August 30th 05, 10:58 PM

In article , Loise wrote:
Good to hear from you Perry....glad you are safe. Still no word on daughter
and grandaughter. Just saw pictures of Slidell...it's not there anymore.
I could use some prayers here.

I've been watching the internet feed from WWL TV
(http://www.wwltv.com/perl/common/vid...props=livenoad),
and frankly the aerials are shocking. My best wishes to
those in the affected areas.

Housing accounted for 50% of the overall growth in the US economy
in the first six months of 2005
Old August 31st 05, 03:19 AM

Loise wrote:

From Terri or Susan? If you have can you post? I've got a daughter and
grandaughter who are currently out of communication in Sliddel, La. CNN
seems to be concentrating on the big cities, like New Orleans...
I worry about missing friends...and family.
Lois E

No I haven't, but I asked terri if she was evacuating and here
is her reply on Saturday:

Old August 31st 05, 04:01 AM
Susan Fraser

We're alive and well in Jackson - thank Red Roof inn for their dog
policy - we have 7 dogs in a double room! But we have power and water
so are better than most. Don't know yet how our homes fared - SOOOO
sorry to hear Terri didn't leave!! Geeze I hope they're OK. I doubt
they got flood waters where she lives, but definately wind damage.
Let's keep our fingers and paws crossed!

FWIW, I won't be online for quite a while - this is just a laptop
someone in the hotel has.

Thanks for the concern.

Susan

wrote: