Bullmastiff growls and bites wife and kids when told to go in crate

Old September 14th 04, 03:44 AM
Robert Schuh

Default Bullmastiff growls and bites wife and kids when told to go in crate

Sunflower wrote:

"chris" wrote in message
He is 1 year old. He growls and bites (not hard ) to avoid going in the
crate. He has always gone in there up till now. He is obviously testing
everyone (except me). Sometimes he even resists with me. But he doesn't

put
up much of a fight. I am afraid he will when he gets bigger. I am the man

of
the house. He has recognized me as alpha. This does not happen when I am
around. Me and my wife did a little test. I pretended like I was leaving

for
work and went outside and started my truck. Then I snuck up to the door

and
listened as my wife tried to put him in the crate. He was growling and
biting. Then I went inside and he stopped the growling and went in the
crate. I thought about a muzzle. So that will help with the biting. But he
overpowers everyone except me right now. What to do? Thanks

Is he neutered? Intact dogs often begin to exhibit signs of aggression at
sexual maturity. Neutering can help, but the behavior is already
established, and you *need* a behvioral consultation from a trainer as well
as a vet workup in order to get the full picture of what's going on.
Otherwise, this dog is going to end up euthanized and your wife is going to
end up with scars or a big plastic surgery bill.

That is a really optimistic comment. Why do ALL the lunatics who post in Usenet
anonymous??

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche