Dogs watching TV? Need support

Old August 31st 05, 02:55 AM

Default Dogs watching TV? Need support

A friend sent this article,
http://www.associatedcontent.com/con...type_id=9 219.

We've been arguing whether it's true or not. I didn't think dogs could
see TV. I've got $5 riding on this. I can't find much out there about
it.

Old August 31st 05, 03:17 AM
Rocky

said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I didn't think dogs could see TV.

http://www.daycare.rocky-dog.com/philosophy.html

Scroll to the picture at the bottom. IIRC, Friday is watching a
Cheetah. Rocky was sitting in front of the TV only because I
told him to, he doesn't ken TV.

Old August 31st 05, 06:01 AM
Richard Brandstetter

my lab will stop and sit infront of the TV I know he sees the TV and will
move on when the show is over.

--
Richard Brandstetter

www.weddings-nj.com
oups.com...

Old August 31st 05, 06:06 AM
FurPaw

Rocky wrote:
said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I didn't think dogs could see TV.

http://www.daycare.rocky-dog.com/philosophy.html

Scroll to the picture at the bottom. IIRC, Friday is watching a
Cheetah. Rocky was sitting in front of the TV only because I
told him to, he doesn't ken TV.

Love your website! The dogs really look at home, on the chairs 'n'
everything.

FurPaw
--
"Don't believe everything that you think."
- Seen on a bumper sticker

To reply, unleash the dog
Old August 31st 05, 06:27 AM
bizby40

"FurPaw" wrote in message
Rocky wrote:
said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I didn't think dogs could see TV.

http://www.daycare.rocky-dog.com/philosophy.html

Scroll to the picture at the bottom. IIRC, Friday is watching a Cheetah.
Rocky was sitting in front of the TV only because I told him to, he
doesn't ken TV.

Love your website! The dogs really look at home, on the chairs 'n'
everything.

FurPaw

You know Matt, when I was talking to you about your
website before, the one thing I meant to mention and
didn't was that I *love* that line "I'll do almost anything
to help keep a dog in his current home." Reading that
just makes you think, "Here's a guy that loves dogs.
A guy that isn't just in it for the money." That line really
jumped out at me.

Bizby

Old August 31st 05, 06:37 AM

On 30 Aug 2005 18:55:07 -0700 whittled these words:
A friend sent this article,
http://www.associatedcontent.com/con...type_id=9 219.

We've been arguing whether it's true or not. I didn't think dogs could
see TV. I've got $5 riding on this. I can't find much out there about
it.

Why would a dog not be able to see TV? They can. Tsuki particularly
likes closeups, and lots of action closeups. He seems to get bored with
distance shots, action or not. Every so often Freeway will notice
something and stay transfixed until the camera moves to a new angle.

There is speculation that dogs may be bothered by the refresh rate. Dogs
have much better motion detecting than humans so they may actually see the
"flicker" of the refresh which is usually too fast for people to notice.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old August 31st 05, 05:11 PM
Rocky

"bizby40" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

A guy that isn't just in it for the money." That line really
jumped out at me.

Heh. Just a few minutes ago I lost a potenial out-of-town
client because her Lab/BC mix wasn't spayed - they were thinking
of breeding. I told her that that mix was one of the most
common in local shelters, that many were being put down, and
that I didn't believe in creating more.

Old August 31st 05, 05:12 PM
Rox

wrote in message
oups.com...
A friend sent this article,

http://www.associatedcontent.com/con...type_id=9 219.

We've been arguing whether it's true or not. I didn't think dogs could
see TV. I've got $5 riding on this. I can't find much out there about
it.

My poodle looks toward the screen from time to time but she barks when the
TV shows animals moving or a dog barking (or a doorbell rings on the TV).

Old September 2nd 05, 11:17 AM
Chris Jung

"Rocky" wrote in message
said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I didn't think dogs could see TV.

http://www.daycare.rocky-dog.com/philosophy.html

Scroll to the picture at the bottom. IIRC, Friday is watching a
Cheetah. Rocky was sitting in front of the TV only because I
told him to, he doesn't ken TV.

Or go to: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y27F628BB . Pablo and Soren often
watch TV together, however, by the rather bored look on Pablo's face, I
suspect they were watching Power Rangers. ;-)

To the OP: Certainly dogs can see TV, it's not invisible to them. IMHO,
since a dog's sense of smell is so important, TV with just sight & sound,
seems a little pointless. Dogs would luv TV if it came with
"Smell-o-vision."

Chris, back from Chincoteague, and her smoothies
Pablo & Lucy