(Can anyone confirm this?) URGENT!!! Order given: Shoot to kill allanimals in New Orleans

Old September 5th 05, 08:48 PM

Default (Can anyone confirm this?) URGENT!!! Order given: Shoot to kill allanimals in New Orleans

In article , wrote:
[]

That first showed up on mushing mailing lists last Wednesday
or Thursday. There are a lot of rumors floating around and
I have no idea whether or not that one is true but I do know
from the news that there are dogs that are not being shot
and they haven't shown dogs being shot by police officers.
Some people who are having to leave their dogs behind are
shooting them rather than leaving them to fend for
themselves in an abandoned city, and a doctor at one of the
hospitals said that some people who had dogs with them and
were not being permitted to take them in the evacuation
were asking doctors to euthanize them.

I don't think you could pry me out of here without my dogs
but if, G-d forbid, something were to happen to me, I would
not want them left to starve, form feral packs, etc. It's
an impossible situation, and it seems to me that the best
thing to do would be to support the efforts of organizations
that really are rescuing pets rather than spreading rumors
about police officers whose jobs are hard enough as it is.

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice
Old September 24th 05, 06:16 PM
Allan

I heard the same thing, it really upset me. A veterinarian from my
area, Philadelphia, South Jersey is taking a truck load of supplies
for the HSUS collapsible cages, dogfood, bottled water, flea/tick
stuff, cleaning supplies (for the animals) to help out. I believe they
put a stop to shooting stray animals, but, I'm not 100% sure. I hope
they have. I also heard that a law was passed that says if you
evacuate an area you HAVE to take your pets. That should be a given.
Al
On 5 Sep 2005 15:48:58 -0400, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

[]