PLEASE HELP..DESPERATE FOR AN ANSWER!!!

Old September 6th 05, 03:58 PM
jorocco

Default PLEASE HELP..DESPERATE FOR AN ANSWER!!!

My shih tzu, Rocco, is 3 years old. He's a friendly dog - loves to run out
when I jiggle the keys ,open the door, or am cooking in the kitchen, loves
boiled chicken & cheese as a snack! However, he hasn't eaten for the past
two days (not even his favorite snacks). He hides under the bed and won't
come out for anything. Took him to the vet and they drained his anal
glands (which they thought might be the cause of his discomfort) and did
blood work to which they found nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know
what to do but I know he is not acting like himself. I don't know where
else to turn to find out how to help him. If anyone has any suggestions,
I'm desperate. It makes me cry to see him like this. Please help

Old September 6th 05, 04:20 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"jorocco" wrote in
lkaboutpets.com:

However, he hasn't eaten for the past
two days (not even his favorite snacks). He hides under the bed and won't
come out for anything. Took him to the vet and they drained his anal
glands (which they thought might be the cause of his discomfort) and did
blood work to which they found nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know
what to do but I know he is not acting like himself. I don't know where
else to turn to find out how to help him. If anyone has any suggestions,
I'm desperate. It makes me cry to see him like this. Please help

Take him to the vet again. If they won't do anything, take him to another
vet.

In the meantime (I am not a vet, so take this advice for what you paid for
it), try really stinky smelly thigs to get food in his stomach. If he
normally eats dry food, try some wet dog food (the stuff with gravy). Try
hardboiled eggs, cheese, all-beef (or turkey, or chicken or pork) hotdogs.
Something to get food in him.

But above all else, find a vet. You might ask the vet to check his teeth,
jaw or esophagous. If they are swollen, inflamed or infected, he might not
want to eat because it hurts too much.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 6th 05, 04:47 PM
jorocco

Thank you Marcel. I tried pork and he ate it!!! I'm so happy. Baby steps, I
guess. He is still "bugging out" and hiding under the bed, though. I'm at
least happy he ate something though I had to shove it under the bed in a
tupperware for him to eat it. Any other suggestions or experiences out
there to explain this odd behavior? Without symptoms, the vet can't help
me. Maybe you all can.

Old September 6th 05, 05:11 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"jorocco" wrote in
lkaboutpets.com:

Thank you Marcel. I tried pork and he ate it!!! I'm so happy. Baby
steps, I guess. He is still "bugging out" and hiding under the bed,
though. I'm at least happy he ate something though I had to shove it
under the bed in a tupperware for him to eat it. Any other suggestions
or experiences out there to explain this odd behavior? Without
symptoms, the vet can't help me. Maybe you all can.

YOur better bet for that might be alt.med.veterinary and/or
rec.pets.dogs.health, although like diddy mentioned in her response to you,
the most likely answer you are going to get is :Go to the vet.

At the very least, if they can't find anything out right away, they might
be able to give your dogs some IV nutrition in the meantime.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 6th 05, 06:11 PM

HOWEDY tommy sorenson you anonymouse lying dog abusing punk
thug coward active acute long term incurable mental case,

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:47:53 -0400, "jorocco"
wrote:

Thank you Marcel. I tried pork and he ate it!!!

He ate it in his HIDING place, tommy.

I'm so happy. Baby steps, I guess. He is still
"bugging out" and hiding under the bed, though.

The PROBLEM is the dog is HIDING because he's AFRAID.

I'm at least happy he ate something though I had to
shove it under the bed in a tupperware for him to eat
it. Any other suggestions or experiences out there to
explain this odd behavior? Without symptoms, the vet
can't help me. Maybe you all can.

Whether he finally ate something or not,

If the dog will eat in his HIDING PLACE that suggests
the dog is AFRAID TO EAT unless he's HIDING.

you'd be smart to still take him to another vet,

You think the vet will know why the dog is AFRAID, tommy?
You thin the vet will know HOWE COME you are AFRAID to
use your real identity on The Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100%
CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual Forums, tommy?

for a second opinion.

The dog is eatin under the bed, tommy. The vet
don't got no SECOND OPINION on FEAR behavior.

By the way, have you had any storms in your area?

SHAAAZZZAAAMMM???

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to send me e-mail

Here, allHOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard to give
you a hand with that tricky little pin, tommy...
THERE, got it. Here, hold this:

HOWEDY tommy,

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
"David S." wrote in
:

We have a female dog, a mix weighing 58 lbs.,
that came from a volunteer rescue group.

Thanks for rescuing her, David!

Well thank you, tommy, you miserable anonymHOWES
lying dog abusing punk thug coward puppy miller.

Not knowing her background,

THAT'S IRRELEVENT, tommy. You ever heard of
TRAININ, O.C. if you PREFER, tommy?

David, the best thing you can do now is to GO SLOW.

You mean on accHOWENT of YOU AIN'T GOT NO INFORMATION
or ADVICE as to HOWE to make a dog FEEL SAFE an S-HOWEND,
tommy? THAT'S the PROBLEM, not her backgrHOWEN, AIN'T IT,
tommy soronsen, you anonymHOWES coward.

Most dogs dislike change.

FORTUNATELY when a critters ENTIRE ENVIRONMENT
CHANGES other changes are EZ to make, if you
know HOWE, tommy.

As far as not eating or drinking out of
"new" bowls, why push it?

He AIN'T. David S. ONLY mentioned that as
a curiHOWESITY to perhaps give some INSIGHT
as to this dog's PERSONALITY QUIRKS, tommy.

She'll eventually do it if she has no other choice,

You mean if you FORCE HER to STARVE or eat
from other unfamiliar tableware, tommy?

Even the ROOSTER that Sonya Fitzpatrick, "The
Pet Psychic" REHABILITATED missed his silver
food BHOWEL. She's DESPIZED here abHOWETS for
THE SAME SAME SAME SAME REASON HOWER RESCUE
and SHELTER DOG LOVERS FEAR and HATE The Amazing
Puppy Wizard, isn't that correct, tommy {): ~ )

but why even put her through a perhaps stressful
situation if you don't have to? Try putting some
"new" bowls down along with the "old" bowls, so
that she can acclimate to them SLOWLY.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA!!!

Initially put the food and water into her "old" bowls,
then try putting some inside the "new" bowls after a
few weeks of desensitizing her to them.

THE DOG IS AFRAID OF HIS PEOPLE, tommy.

Regarding the leash,

You mean the WON you jerk and choke dogs to teach
them TRUST UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and RESPECT through
OBEDIENCE TRAINING (O.C.) with your PRONGED SPIKED
PINCH CHOKE COLLAR and CORRECTIONS and OPERANT
CONDITIONING (OC), tommy?

do you mean that she doesn't run off when you try to
put the "old" leash on her? Just the "new" one?

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

She'll also eventually eat if someone is in the room,

IF SHE'S STARVING TO DEATH, tommy.

but why force her?

RIGHT! You got ANY ADVICE, tommy? Other than PATIENCE?

Hunger and thirst have a way of dealing with things
like that, provided that *you* don't do anything to
upset the applecart.

YOU MEAN STARVE HER TILL SHE STEALS HER FOOD AND RUNS
to HIDE to eat it with her back to the wall in a heightened
state of alert like ANY SCAVENGER DOES, tommy?

Have you looked at *your* own behavior?

You think maybe David S. AIN'T USING ENOUGH
OBEDIENCE TRAINING (O.C.), tommy?

And the behavior of your family?

It's JUST David S. and his Mrs., tommy.

Are you generally loud and boisterous?

The don't S-HOWEND like boisterHOWES folks, tommy.

If so, and she's not used to being around loud
and boisterous people (which she almost certainly
isn't),

You mean, based on her backgrHOWEND, tommy?

she might prefer to just stay to herself.

INDEEDY! THAT'S HOWE COME David S. is ASKIN FOR ADVICE,
tommy. You GOT ANY, tommy or are you just gonna blow
smoke up HOWER arses someMOORE, tommy?

Flick gave you some good advice regarding the umbrella.

flick is a lying dog abusing mental case like yourself,
tommy. flick KIDNAPS dogs off the street and shocks and
chokes and locks them in boxes and SELLS them to SUCKERS
who THINK they're HEELPIN a dog, and GET THIS KINDA PROBLEM.

Opening the umbrella and leavin IT in the room where
she got to PASS BYE IT EVERY TIME will make her MOORE
FEARFUL and MISTRUSTFUL of her owner, tommy.

GRADUALLY allow her to get used to it,

ANY behavior that's CONSISTENT REPEATABLE or
PREDICTABLE is EZ to EXXXTINGUISH NEARLY INSTANTLY
if you DON'T DO what you and your mentally ill lyin
dog abusing punk thug coward mental cases ADVISE, tommy.

to make it associated with "good things,"

Like PRAISE, tommy?

like treats, etc.,

Dogs are SCAVENGERS, tommy. REMEMBER? They STEAL
scraps of food and run to HIDE to eat it with their
back to the wall in a heightened state of alert
JUST LIKE ANY SCAVENGER, tommy. Offerin a FEARFUL
DOG FOOD BRIBES INCREASES FEAR and MISTRUST, tommy.

and not "scary things," like the rain, etc.

The dog AIN'T SCARED of the RAIN, tommy. The dog
is AFRAID on accHOWENT of David S. is MISHANDLING
HIS DOG according to the ADVICE he got from RESCUE /
SHELTER DOG LOVERS like yourself and flick, tommy.

THAT'S HOWE COME disciple cris WENT INSANE, remember tommy?
HIS WHOWEL WILD WORLD COLLAPSED ARHOWEND HIM when HE LEARNED
HE was the PROBLEM, and NOT the FEAR AGGRESSIVE DOGS HE MURDERED.

When you do eventually open it up, do it v-e-r-y slowly,
allow it to sit somewhere while it's still open.

You think you can SNEAK UP on FEAR, tommy?

It won't happen overnight,

It won't happen even on a COLD DAY IN HEEL, tommy.

but if you do this S-L-O-W-L-Y enough, she'll
eventually learn to deal with it.

NO, she'll become MOORE FEARFUL, tommy.

In the meantime, if it rains, wear a good raincoat with a hood.

Well tommy, you S-HOWEND like you are AFRAID of the rain.

We have learned to live with the quirks, but the one thing that
bothers me is that she prefers to stay alone in the house rather than
to sit with us in the family room. It is just my wife and myself. No
kids.

Learning to live with a dog's quirks is the
hallmark of a good rescuer.

INDEED? THAT'S HOWE COME you and your MENTALLY ILL
LYING DOG ABUSING PUNK THUG COWARD PALS can't post
here abHOWETS nodoGgamenedMOORE, tommy. REMEMBER?

It's not necessary to change every "quirky" behavior.

YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW HOWE you miserable
lying dog abusing punk thug coward.

Take comfort in the fact that she's generally happy,

SHE'S GENERALLY AFRAID, tommy. THAT'S HOWE COME
David S. is ASKIN FOR ADVICE. Do you REALLY THINK
David S. was lookin for advice abHOWET protecting
hisself from the RAIN, tommy? THE DOG IS AFRAID and
all you got to ADVISE is IGNORE her FEARS and BRIBE
her FEARS and BE PATIENT and LIVE WITH A TERRIFIED
DOG, tommy.

and gives you pleasure.

INDEED? THIS IS "all abHOWET ME," ain't it, tommy.

Not every "quirk"

You mean her PHOBIAS, tommy.

needs to be dealt with -

Well that's on accHOWENT of YOU AIN'T GOT NO ADVICE, tommy.

- just serious ones.

ALL BEHAVIORS ARE THE SAME SAME SAME SAME, tommy.

Ones that might endanger her (or your) safety, etc.

LIKE BEING AFRAID OF PEOPLE CARRYING UMBRELLAS, tommy?

And again, look at *your* own behavior in the house.

David S. has PROBABLY been followin the ADVICE he
GOT from his SHELTER / RESCUE DOG LOVERS to lock
his dog in a box and IGNORE HER CRIES, tommy.

Is there always a stereo or TV blasting?

David S. woulda SAID if his dog FEARS LHOWED NOISES, tommy.

DOGS DO NOT FEAR LHOWED NOISES UNLESS THEY'RE ABUSED, tommy.

Lots of loud or animated talk?

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

Hey? Let's talk abHOWET YOUR SHELTER and RESCUE
EXXXPERIENCES, tommy? Let's talk abHOWET YOUR
KENNELS, tommy? You're a PROFESSIONAL BREEDER
and TRAINER yet you REFUSE to ADMIT who you
ARE and WHAT YOUR KENNEL NAME IS and SHOWE US
YOUR DOGS and THEIR TITLES, tommy.

HOWE COME ARE YOU AFRAID, tommy?

Neighborhood noises?

David S. WOULDA SAID SO if THAT was a PROBLEM,
tommy. The dog IS AFRAID OF HIM, tommy.

She may never fully come around to really
enjoying your close proximity,

You mean you O.C OBEDIENCE TRAINING CANNOT TRAIN
ALL DOGS and ALL BEHAVIORS NEARLY INSTANTLY tommy?

but there's no reason that you can't keep trying
your best to be very ATTRACTIVE to her.

You mean by BRIBING and INTIMDIATING her with the umbrella?

Always having treats at the ready,

THAT'LL TEACH FEAR MISTRUST AND GREED, tommy.

toys, etc.,

The dog AIN'T AFRAID of his TOYS, tommy.
The dog is AFRAID of his HANDLER.

or even try some gentle massage.

INDEEDY! NHOWE you got the RIGHT IDEA, tommy.
Your PAL professor SCRUFF SHAKE dermer of UofWI
has DISCOVERED that SIMULATED MASTURBATION for
five minutes at bedtime CURED HIS OWN DOG'S
FEAR BEHAVIORS and STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE
DIS-EASES aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

REMEMBER tommy?

So, should I close doors and the like to keep
her from her favorite hiding spots and to make
her be in the room with us, or just let her be?

I'd let her be.

BWEEEEEAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

HOWE IS THAT GONNA REHABILITATE HER FEAR AND MISTRUST, tommy?

But try some of the things I mentioned above

You mean SNEAK UP on and / or IGNORE her FEARS, tommy?

and see if she doesn't want to spend more time
with you and your wife.

BWEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

You mean by BRIBING and lettin her HIDE in her
usual SAFE HIDING PLACES, tommy?

She is a sweet dog, but I can tell that
she prefers to be with her own kind.

So the dog is ONLY AFRAID of HER PEOPLE, tommy.
THAT'S VERY COMMON amongst ABUSED DOGS, tommy.

She is a different dog when we go to the dog park.
She is a tom-boy and runs/wrestles with the big dogs,
but is good with the little dogs too.

Frequently bringing her to be "with her own kind"

IS IRRELEVENT, tommy.

is a good way of getting her to appreciate *you* more

THAT'S INSANE, tommy.

(you bring her "good things").

You mean he brings her to the park where
she can PLAY withHOWET BEING CHOKED, tommy?

But do *you* ever do anything *with* your dog?

You mean like locking her in the room with him
and watchin her NOT EAT till she's STARVED ENOUGH
to BE FORCED to "overcome her FEARS" and EAT IN
FRONT of someWON SHE FEARS, and S-L-O-W-L-Y open
the umbrella and BRIBE IT every time they FORCE
HER to walk past it, tommy?

Like train her?

Ahhha! EXXXCELLENT! Let's talk abHOWET OBEDIENCE
TRAINING (O.C.), tommy?

Throw balls for her?

Playing ball AIN'T GONNA INSTILL TRUST, tommy.

Go jogging/walking with her?

You think he shoul JOGG DHOWEN to the park, tommy?

Take her for rides in the car

You think they'll have some PRIVATE time to TALK
when he's drivin his dog arHOWEND in the car to
overcome HER FEAR OF HIM, tommy?

(provided she's not fearful of them)?

Well then tommy, your OBEDIENCE TRAINING *(O.C.)
should TRAIN her NOT TO BE AFRAID of the car in
a couple minutes or WHEN HEEL FREEZES OVER, eh tommy?

Many people have told us to get another dog,

THAT would be the SHELTER RESCUE folks TRYIN
TO SELL another FREE DOG they got or was PAID
TO ACCEPT for RESALE, eh tommy?

but that is out of the question for us. What to do? Advice?

A second dog, provided it was the "right" one,
would probably help out a lot here.

No tommy, that would REINFORCE HER FEARS and
give IT NO REASON to TRUST HIS OWNER, tommy.

But don't feel quilty, either, if you're
circumstances don't allow for it right now.

You mean if he CAN'T GET another dog to TRAIN
HIS FEARFUL DOG NOT TO FEAR HIM someMOORE, tommy?

She's got a good home,

INDEEDY. And you got NO ADVICE, tommy.

and a couple of humans who care for her.

A couple of humans who GOT NO IDEA HOWE to
HEELP their FEARFUL DOG nodoGgamenedMOORE
than the RESCUE / SHELTER DOG LOVERS who
KIDNAPPED HER and SOLD HER to him, like
HOWE flick does.

That's more than most dogs have.

INDEED? PERHAPS THAT'S on accHOWENT of
MOST DOGS are locked in boxes and jerkec
and choked on pronged spiked pinch choke
collars and sprayed in the face with
aversives and shocked and surgically sexually
mutilated and bribed and withheld of bribes
attention affection "REWARDS" and UNCONDITIONAL
LOVE, thanks to your OBEDIENCE TRAINING, tommy.

She's a lucky gal.

No tommy, she's a FEARFUL MALADJUSTED RESCUE /
SHELTER dog who will SUFFER from STRESS INDUCED
AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASES aka The Puppy Wizard's
SYNDROME if David S. follows your IDIOTIC self
serving ADVICE, tommy.

And good luck!

Dog trainin AIN'T LUCK, tommy. "LUCK IS FOR SUCKERS,"
The Puppy Wizard's DADDY {); ~ )

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to send me e-mail

Just gimma a sec, tommy, this pin is HARD to get HOWET...

"You ask what is our aim?

The Amazing Puppy Wizard came her to IDENTIFY
EXXXPOSE and DISCREDIT you and your miserable
lying dog abusing punk thug coward mental case
PALS who call themselves SHELTER and RESCUE and
OBEDIENCE TRAINERS, tommy.

I can answer that in one word, victory at all costs,

INDEEDY. The Amazing Puppy Wizard has INVESTED
forty five YEARS gettin to the bottom of this
**** pit you and your RESCUE / SHELTER / PUPPY
MILLER pals have CREATED to satisfy your own
fragile defective egos, weak fearful minds and
compensate for your own INFERIORITY COMPLEXES.

victory in spite of terror,

Like HOWE we SEE RIGHT HERE.

victory however long and hard the road may be;

The Amazing Puppy Wizard got a other 45 years left, tommy.

for without victory there is no survival."

INDEEDY...

Winston Churchill

Adapted WITH PERMISSION from his own FREE COPY
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual {); ~ )

CuriHOWES ain't it tommy, that aside from
bein a anonymHOWE COWARD, you set YOUR OWN
WORDS to EXXXPIRE in a couple days if not
copied:

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:41:47 GMT
Subject: Collars

Note: The author of this message requested that
it not be archived. This message will be removed
from Groups in 5 days (Jul 4, 7:41 pm).

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:01:07 -0400, Janet B
j...@bestfriendsdogobedience.=ADcom wrote:

[]

For the most recent example, see: Lucy

She can't fathom how you can train a dog with a
choke collar without actually choking it!

How is it even possible to educate someone this stupid?

"J1Boss" wrote in message

He was next to me and I could see his neck
muscles pulsing. He didn't even blink an eye.

Janet Boss

"sionnach" wrote in message

"J1Boss" wrote in message

I can't imagine needing anything higher
than a 5 with it, even with an insensitive
dog like a Lab.

An INSENSITIVE DOG???

I can't remember what model of Innotek I have, but
I had apointer ignore a neck-muscle-pulsing 9.

[]

RIGHT THERE, she goes beyond stupidity and into the
twilight zone. Do you think it's possible for someone
like that to understand much of anything?

In a word, no. That's why I'm going to do my very best
to ignore her from now on.

It'll be hard, of course, because I, like so many others,
am always drawn to accident scenes.

[]

But I use e-collars too. With one of my dogs and with
some clients. For circumstances where a physical collar
and leash is not the right answer. I'm sure Lucy has
no clue what THAT means!

One can only wonder how long it would take someone of Lucy's,
shall we say "aptitude," to learn how to use an e-collar
correctly if she can't even grasp the fundamentals of using
a simple choke chain.

boggle

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply by e-mail

From: Handsome Jack Morrison
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:21:00 GMT

Note: The author of this message requested that it not
be archived. This message will be removed from Groups
in 5 days (Jul 4, 6:21 pm).

On 27 Jun 2005 03:23:44 -0700, wrote:

[]

It stands for what the collar *can* do (so can many
other types of collars), but only when it's used by
an incompetent, inexperienced, or sadistic trainer.

I've never assumed that Lynn, or you, or any experienced
trainer would choke a dog to death; but I suppose that
something giving the dog the sensation of choking must be
happening,

No, it's not. You're speaking from IGNORANCE here.

In fact, a good trainer works very hard to prevent any
choking action from taking place (as I explained to you,
fruitlessly apparently, in a previous post) by keeping
the leash at all times *loose.*

Put your leash on *your* dog (with any collar you want) and,
while keeping the leash *loose,* try to choke *your* dog.

Let me know how that works out for you, 'kay?

Note: It is *impossible* to administer a proper leash
correction (with a training/choke/prong collar) if the
leash is tight, because the collar can't then be "popped,"
which essentially works as a sound distraction (a "tap
on the shoulder" to signal to the dog that what he just
did was unacceptable, etc.)

E-collars, too, can be used in exactly that same way
(among several other ways).

and it must be really convincing in order to force
the dog to obey, rather than experience it.

There's no force involved in a collar pop, provided
it's executed correctly and *timely.*

None. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

[]

Many women wear a type of necklace called a choker, right?

ttp://www.novica.com/art/hand=ADmade-jewelry/
necklaces/choker-=ADnecklaces...

How often do you see them actually choking and gasping for air?

How often do you see anyone using those necklaces in order
to make a woman do whatever they want her to do (other than
giving the necklace to her as a gift)?

Because words alone apparently scare the crap out of you,
Lucy, which apparently causes your brain to lockup (like
the jaws on an eeevil pitbull )I offered you the example
of the necklace choker, because you were wondering why one
wouldn't use a choke collar unless one intended to actually
choke a dog.

Using that same brilliant logic of yours, and applying
it to the necklace choker, it begs the same question,
doesn't it?

Why would anyone buy someone a choker necklace if the
intention wasn't to actually choke that person.

sigh

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply by e-mail

HOWEDY Master Of Deception blankman,

wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:49:11 -0400 Handsome Jack Morrison handsomejackmo=

whittled these words:

Here's an example of why it's so important to rule
out physical problems before attempting to deal with
behavior problems, especially sudden onset aggression.

ALL AGGRESSION IS FEAR, dog lovers.

That is very sad.

"SAD", Master Of Deception blankman? What's SAD is
all you mentally ill lying dog abusing punk thug
cowards BLAMIN THE DOG again for FEAR AGGRESSION.

Although it must be some small relief that this turn of
behavior was not the result of a bad dog or bad training.

WRONG AGAIN, Master Of Deception blankman. The dog
ONLY BIT FROM FEAR, when IT WAS AFRAID of BEING
ABUSED. THAT'S HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy Wizard
NEVER punishes intimidates confronts or otherWIZE
NEGATIVELY INTERACTS with dogs as you DOG LOVERS
evidently PREFER {); ~ )

Having given that advice umpteetn times

DOGS ONLY ATTACK WHEN THEY DON'T TRUST WHOM THEY ATTACKED.

I will never forget how surprised my vet was when
I brought my dog in because he had dug a hole in
the bed.

Your dog DIED from STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE
aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME {): ~ )

The blood tests showed his blood calcium levels
were significanlty off

THAT'S CAUSED BY CONSTANT REPETETIVE EMOTIONAL STRESS.

(which causes nervousness and irritability and
tingling sensations).

It's CALLED The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME, Master
Of Deception blankman {); ~ )

Hopefully your friend isn't into the guilt thing

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!

Naaah, they're just PLEASED that the dog WAS SICK to boot.

and will simply be able to remember his friend
in his better times,

INDEED? You mean, like all them BETTER TIMES when
they went to visit your anonymHOWES lying dog abusing
punk thug coward mental case pal tommy sorenson for
his SHOCK and PRONGED SPIKED PINCH CHOKE COLLAR TRAININ.

THAT'S HOWE COME his dog ATTACKED him AND THAT'S HOWE
COME IT came DHOWEN with BRAIN TUMORS, NOT the other
way arHOWEND, Master Of Deception blankman {); ~ ) .

and learn from the experience

Naaah, he's gonna DO IT AGAIN with his new REPLACEMENT dog
JUST LIKE HOWE tara o. aka tee done with her own DEAD DOG
Summer. REMEMBER?

without beating himself up over it.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!
-
Diane Blackman
SNIP SPAM LINKS

Here's lyingdogDUMMY aka tommy soronson beatin
a dog to HOWEsbreak IT to save ITS life:

But FIRST, a little good KOEHLER trainin:

Koehler On Correcting The Housebreaking
Backslider.

"If the punishment is not severe enough, some of
these "backsliders" will think they're winning and
will continue to mess in the house.

An indelible impression can sometimes be
made by giving the dog a hard spanking of long
duration, then leaving him tied by the mess he's
made so you can come back at twenty minute
intervals and punish him again for the same
thing. (Dogs are REALLY stupid. J.H.)

In most cases, the dog that deliberately does this
disagreeable thing cannot be made reliable by the
light spanking that some owners seem to think is
adequate punishment. It will be better for your dog,
as well as the house, if you really pour it on him."

"Housebreaking Problems:

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training"
Howell Book House, 1996"

Occasionally, there is a pup who seems determined to
relieve himself inside the house, regardless of how
often he has the opportunity to go outside. This dog
may require punishment.

Make certain he is equipped with a collar
and piece of line so he can't avoid correction.

When you discover a mess, move in fast, take him to
the place of his error, and hold his head close enough
so that he associates his error with the punishment.

Punish him by spanking him with a light strap or
switch. Either one is better than a folded newspaper.

It is important to your future relationship that you
do not rush at him and start swinging before you get
hold of him.

When he's been spanked, take him outside.
Chances are, if you are careful in your feeding
and close observation, you will not have to do
much punishing.

Be consistent in your handling.

To have a pup almost house-broken and then force
him to commit an error by not providing an opportunity
to go outside is very unfair. Careful planning will
make your job easier.

The same general techniques of housebreaking
apply to grown dogs that are inexperienced in the
house.

For the grown dog who was reliable in the house
and then backslides, the method of correction
differs somewhat.

In this group of "backsliders" we have the
"revenge piddler." This dog protests being alone by
messing on the floor and often in the middle of a bed.

The first step of correction is to confine the dog
closely in a part of the house when you go away, so
that he is constantly reminded of his obligation.

The fact that he once was reliable in the house is
proof that the dog knows right from wrong, and it
leaves you no other course than to punish him
sufficiently to convince him that the satisfaction of
his wrongdoing is not worth the consequences.

If the punishment is not severe enough, some of
these "backsliders" will think they're winning and
will continue to mess in the house.

An indelible impression can sometimes be made
by giving the dog a hard spanking of long duration,
then leaving him tied by the mess he's made so you
can come back at twenty minute intervals and
punish him again for the same thing.

In most cases, the dog that deliberately does this
disagreeable thing cannot be made reliable by the
light spanking that some owners seem to think is
adequate punishment.

It will be better for your dog, as well as the house,
if you really pour it on him.

"Handsome Jack Morrison"
wrote in
message
On 26 Jul 2003 22:14:29 GMT,
(DogStar716)

wrote:

Never mind dogman

You too? Some folks just never learn.

Uh huh

One of the signs of mental illness is to say "Uh
huh" a lot.

PS: If the "trainer" you were talking about isn't
on this list, he (or she) is NOT an approved
Koehler trainer, no matter how loud you scream
otherwise.

May I laugh again? LOL! One doesn't need to be on
a list to use Koehlers methods or teach his
methods.

Let me be among the first (apparently) to tell you
that not every trainer who uses a leash is a
*Koehler* trainer.

Sheesh.

This person may call herself a Koehler trainer, but
if she's hanging 12 week old puppies, she's about as
far from a Koehler trainer as a dog trainer can
possibly be.

Again, this is just your IGNORANCE showing.

I can call myself a devout Christian, but if I'm not
adhering to the doctrine, I'm something else.

http://www.koehlerdogtraining. com/patoflearn.html
Sorry, the very first sentences make me aware that
whoever wrote it knows nothing about PR based
training:

"Amidst the current (and politically correct) trend
in Positive Reinforcement Only training systems"

You cannot use PR only.

Au contraire. Many, many posters to r.p.d.b. (and
many other places as well) *claim* that they use
nothing but R. You know, the PPers.

And they do it quite loudly, too.

Surely you aren't blind (and deaf), as well as
ignorant?

Those are hard handicaps to overcome, Dogstar.

And if you knew anything about PR BASED training,
you would realize that. It's not all cookies and
babytalk.

There is no stronger supporter of R than Handsome
Jack Morrison, but I also use every behavioral tool
in my bag, including R-, P, and P-, because I know
that even R has its limits.

You'd know that too, if you didn't have your head in
the sand.

But that seems to be the battle cry of the
Koehler-ites.

The Koehlerites have no battle cry.

They have behaviorism on their side, and that's more
than enough.

I don't need instruction on how to give my dogs a
proper leash correction as I do not rely on a leash
to control or teach my dog.

That may or may not be suitable for your needs, but
it's not suitable for the majority of dog owners,
especially since the advent of leash laws.

Besides, after just a few weeks of proper Koehler
training, Koehler dogs likewise are no longer in
need of a leash.

That you apparently don't know that, once again
shows me just how ignorant of anything to do with
Koehler you are.

My last two dogs have been trained offleash right
from the start, using rewards for what I like, and
nothing for what I don't like.

Good for you, and if that level of training is good
enough for you, fine. But it's not good enough for
many of the rest of us.

Again, I'm not saying Koehler doesn't work.

I really have no idea what you're saying anymore,
because you apparently know so damn little about
Koehler and behavioral principles in general that
it's hard to have an informed discussion with you.

PS: It boggles my mind at how stupid you must be to
keep denying that those certain harsh methods are
only for LAST RESORT situations, intended only to
SAVE A DOG'S LIFE, even after I've repeatedly given
you direct *quotes* from Koehler's book saying just
that. It's like you don't even care how stupid
people think you are, or how devious you are, etc.
That can't help your cause any. You'd think that
you'd at least want to *appear* to be honest, even
if you're not. -- Handsome Jack Morrison *gently
remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

"Handsome Jack Morrison"
wrote in
message
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:52:18 -0400, "Krishur"
wrote:

Good books huh?

Absolutely. Some are, in fact, classics.

Which idea was your favorite, the one where they
tell you to alpha roll a "dominant" dog,

There's nothing inherently wrong with rolling a dog
(i.e., it *can* and *does* work in *some*
situations). Unfortunately, most people either do it
incorrectly, do it at the wrong time, etc.

or where they tell you that you didn't hit him hard
enough if he doesn't yelp or approaches you within
5 minutes of his punishment?

If physical discipline is deemed necessary (after
careful evaluation), it's much more cruel not to get
it over with quickly than it is to do it
incrementally and half-heartedly, which usually only
invites the need for even more discipline.

Maybe you liked when they recommend these beatings
for housebreaking accidents, chewing/destructive
behavior, stealing, trying to get on your bed
at night and dog on dog aggression.

At no time do the Monks *ever* advocate beating a
dog. A swat on the rump or a check to the chin does
*not* constitute a "beating."

I'm sorry if you don't agree.

And each of those behavior "problems" needs to be
looked at in its proper context.

A quote from the Monks:

"We repeat, these situations may merit physical
discipline. Since no book can pretend to analyze
every individual dog and situation, we feel
obligated to emphasize from the outset that
discipline is never an arbitrary training
technique to be applied to each and every dog for
all offenses. We do, however, believe that physical
and verbal discipline can be an effective technique.
The best policy if you experience any of the above
problems is to consult a qualified trainer or
veterinarian for evaluation of your individual
situation....

"If discipline is decided upon as a training
technique, it should be the proper technique. We
feel we have developed several methods that depend
less on violent physical force than timing, a flair
for drama, and the element of surprise.
We feel an obligation, as responsible trainers, to
map out
these methods, rather than simply skip the topic
because it is unpleasant. Dog owners want to know
what to do."

In other words, physical discipline is reserved for
those serious, special occasions when other methods
have failed.

For example, they do not recommend using physical
discipline for *routine* housebreaking chores --
only on those rare occasions when an already
reliably housebroken dog is (after careful
evaluation) deemed to be soiling the house on
purpose, backsliding, etc.

I'll give you an actual example. Years ago, an
adult dog was brought to me as an *incurable*
house-soiler. It was either get the dog reliably
housetrained or the dog was going on a one way trip
to the pound. Being the kind, compassionate trainer
that I am, I was prepared to do whatever it took to
get this dog house-trained and save his life.

After several weeks of more or less traditional
training, and to poor result, I brought out the big
guns -- physical and verbal discipline. Whenever the
dog soiled the house (no, you don't even have to
catch him in the act), I immediately (but very
calmly) tossed a leash on his collar, dragged him to
the scene of the crime, and (using a large
chair as a prop) tethered him to the leg of the
chair, with his nose about two inches away from the
poop. After a couple of swats on the rump, some
loud vocalizing, and a wait of about 20 minutes, I'd
release the dog and then ignore him for a while. I
had to repeat this process *three* times, I think --
and the house-soiling miraculously stopped. The dog
went home to enjoy a long and contented life with
his original owners, and I got to feel good about
myself.

So, yes, the Monk's books are good ones. Even for
novices.

Yup, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

-- Handsome Jack Morrison *gently remove the
detonator to reply via e-mail

Here's professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM research
at UofWI, marshall "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM
"NO!" into ITS face for five seconds and lock IT in a
box for ten minutes contemplation," dermer:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works," marshall
dermer, research professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM at
UofWI. For MOORE animal abuse, please visit dr p.

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. {}TPW ; ~ }

P=2ES. Contacting Dr. P:

Please note that due to the large number of
requests I receive, I can no longer give free,
personal advice on problems related to dog
training and behavior.

In order for me to give such advice we would
have to "talk" about the problem at length.

That is, I would need detailed information about
the dog, it's environment and routine, the problem,
and the situation in which the problem occurs.

Thus, this type of consultation takes time which
I cannot afford to give away for free.

If you wish such advice, please see the information
I have provided about my K9 Behavioral Consulting
practice. Another alternative to obtaining personal
advice is to participate in e-mail, chat room, &
newsgroup discussions.

P=2EP.S. BWEEEEEEEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

YOU'RE FRAUDS, drs p. and dermer!

Either DEFEND your LIES, ABUSE And
Degrees or get the heel HOWETA THIS
BUSINESS.

"If you talk with the animals, they will talk with you
and you will know each other.
If you do not talk to them, you will not know them,
and what you do not know you will fear.

What one fears, one destroys."
Chief Dan George

"(Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
few regulars here who are either ill-
tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.),"
--Marshall

Old September 6th 05, 06:51 PM
jorocco

He has had a problem with gastroenteritis in the past so I know the
symptoms and I know that's not what we are dealing with here. yes, we had
hurricane Katrina but that was about a week ago (odd for this behavior to
emerge an entire week later though it's a valid point to bring up). We
have been in this new apartment for two months now so I can't imagine it
can be attributed to the move. As for fear and a hiding place... this
could be. But this is not like he is "retreating" to his old hiding place.
This is brand new behavior. I agree, pork isn't the best idea, but because
I know we are not dealing with problems in the blood or gastroenteric
issues (he had bloodwork done yesterday) I figured it was best he ate
something...anything.
Thank you all for responding and giving forth your ideas and opinions. It
is a great help in this mystery and he has an appt with another vet
tomorrow. I will let you all know how he is doing.

Old September 6th 05, 06:59 PM
jorocco

P.S. We are in Miami Florida so Katrina was just a Category 1 (rain & wind)
... not the devastation you see to the states north of where I am.