Presa Canario Attack

Old September 8th 05, 09:23 PM
Dog Fighting

Default Presa Canario Attack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

DOG MAULS PREGNANT WIFE'S ARM
PET HORROR 2
By Greig Box

A HEAVILY pregnant woman may lose her left arm after her savage pet dog
attacked her in the garden.

Two neighbours used breeze blocks, a spade and a stick to batter the
powerful animal around the head in a bid to stop it mauling Nicola
Pearson as she screamed.

Despite their efforts the snarling dog refused to give up its vice-like
grip on the 22-year-old's left arm for several minutes.

One of the rescuers said: "I heard a lot of screaming and barking. I
went outside and saw the dog had hold of the woman's arm in its mouth.
There was blood everywhere.

"A chap jumped over the fence into the garden and started throwing
breeze blocks at the dog, but it was completely oblivious.

"He used a spade to whack the dog around the head. I jumped over the
fence, picked up a stick and hit the dog with that.

Falk AdSolution

"It just didn't respond. It wouldn't let go of her arm, and even sank
its teeth in again. Eventually it walked away in a daze."

Mrs Pearson's husband Brett, 23, yesterday confirmed the dog, a
notoriously aggressive Spanish breed called a Presa Canario, kept to
guard cattle, then bred for fighting, has been put down at his request.

Mrs Pearson, seven months pregnant, is now in St Thomas' Hospital in
London, and faces a series of complex operations.

But Mr Pearson, of Faversham, Kent, said doctors had told the couple
that last month's attack has not affected the health of their unborn
first child.

And he said the surgeons believed there was around an 80 per cent chance
her arm would be saved.

He said: "They are doing an excellent job and we are keeping our fingers
crossed."

Mr Pearson, who runs a contract cleaning company, added: "Our neighbours
are absolute heroes."
Old September 8th 05, 09:24 PM
Dog Fighting

Ask Your ISP to add these:

alt.sport.dog-fighting
alt.pets.dogs.dog-fighting-breeds
alt.pets.dogs.breed-specific-legislation