Skewing the stats ;-)

Old September 9th 05, 03:57 AM
marie

Default Skewing the stats ;-)

So we just get the boys to bed when the phone rings:

: As a dog owner, would I mind participating in a short market survey that
will help improve commercial dog foods?
--I guess not...
: Do you buy commercial dog food?
--Yes...
: Does your dog eat anything other than the commercial dog food?
--Yes...
: What has your dog eaten today?
--Let's see: 1.75 toaster waffles with raspberry jam--tasted, partially
chewed and ultimately rejected by the boys: 2% milk spilled during a
wrestling match, cookies dropped given in response to " it acula, goo
puddy:" juice thrown across the room when it was discovered that it was
orange instead of apple, chocolate pudding licked off the wall and floor
after it was used as paint instead of snack, cereal spilled when boys fought
over box and ripped it in half, hakka style noodles given in response to
"acula dowaen, goo puddy:" and 7 or 8 dog biscuits pushed into her mouth
just because the boys love her so much.
(A second or two of silence): That's in addition to the comercial dog food?
--Oh no, that hasn't been touched: her bowl is still full from this
morning.

Why do I suspect this entry in the poll is going to either be rejected
outright, or be resposible for completely skewing the stats from the survey?
;-)

Marie

Old September 9th 05, 04:10 AM
Tee

marie" wrote in message
[...]

I believe you now have two very unique names for your next two pets...Goo
and Puddy. This is assuming that you make it to a ripe enough age to have
two more pets. If this is a typical day in your household then I hope you
either have a maid or good meds.

--
Tara

Old September 9th 05, 12:20 PM
Sionnach

"marie" wrote:

(A second or two of silence): That's in addition to the comercial dog

food?
--Oh no, that hasn't been touched: her bowl is still full from this
morning.

still chuckling Hey, at least she's self-regulating her food intake.

I gotta wonder, though, if you put the interviewer off of having kids for
life. ;-D
Not, mind you, that as one of four children, and being a former child
care giver myself, with one of my sisters a professional nanny and the other
the mother of three, I find anything particularly unusual or shocking about
your account...

Old September 9th 05, 04:28 PM
marie

"Tee" wrote in message
marie" wrote in message
[...]

LOL But all the animal names are supposed to start with 'M', it's
tradition ;-) Hmmm...Moo and Muddy? Would these names work for hamsters or
goldfish? I think that's the most new pets I'll be able to talk Hubby into.

This is assuming that you make it to a ripe enough age to have two more
pets. If this is a typical day in your household then I hope you either
have a maid or good meds.

The meds are adequate and the maid is not--but until I win a lottery she's
the best I can do :-)

The pudding painting was unique, the rest is fairly typical. And it's
actually an advantage have a four legged vaccuum cleaner: think of how much
more food I'd have to clean up if Macula wasn't here ;-) I do sometimes
wonder about her skipping her kibble--I only hope that what constitutes a
balanced diet for toddlers at least approaches the dietary needs of a 4 yo
dog.

BTW: the pudding painting happened when I *assumed* that the boys being
quiet while Dora the Explorer was on was a *good* thing. As with puppy
mischief, toddler mischief is the fault of the adult not paying attention,
not the toddler's creativity. But it's the first week back to school bus
driving and all of us are kinda tired and distracted.

Marie

--
Tara

Old September 9th 05, 05:40 PM
Paula

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:28:18 -0400, "marie" wrote:

BTW: the pudding painting happened when I *assumed* that the boys being
quiet while Dora the Explorer was on was a *good* thing.

Don't worry. Before too long you will acquire that failsafe instinct
to feel absolute terror whenever your toddlers are doing anything very
quietly.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay
Old September 9th 05, 05:41 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"marie" wrote in
:

Why do I suspect this entry in the poll is going to either be rejected
outright, or be resposible for completely skewing the stats from the
survey? ;-)

Joy. That is what I get to look forward to (although only 1 instead of two)

shudder

(Holy crap, Emilie is 6 months old already. Where does the time fly??)
--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 10th 05, 10:27 AM
White Monkey

"Paula" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:28:18 -0400, "marie" wrote:

BTW: the pudding painting happened when I *assumed* that the boys being
quiet while Dora the Explorer was on was a *good* thing.

Don't worry. Before too long you will acquire that failsafe instinct
to feel absolute terror whenever your toddlers are doing anything very
quietly.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's
best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay

Toddlers, heck--Walter couldn't even stand up yet the day I noticed, while
meters into the living room to find him with a paper towel which must have
been left too close to the playpen. He was tearing small pieces off and
eating them.
--Katrina

Old October 4th 05, 01:32 PM
Morgan

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

"marie" wrote in
:

Why do I suspect this entry in the poll is going to either be rejected
outright, or be resposible for completely skewing the stats from the
survey? ;-)

Joy. That is what I get to look forward to (although only 1 instead of two)

shudder

(Holy crap, Emilie is 6 months old already. Where does the time fly??)

Beats me. Mine's in fifth grade. I swear it was yesterday she swept the
stuff off the end table in a clear demonstration of her new ability to
walk to it.

Morgan
Old October 4th 05, 01:41 PM
Morgan

marie wrote:

"Tee" wrote in message

marie" wrote in message

[...]

What kind of dog is Macula? (note that I haven't had a dog in thirty years)

A friend of ours has a couple of mixed breeds, mostly hound of some
sort. They were about five or six when my daughter started eating real
food in a high chair in their presence. She was a little unnerved by
their near-constant attendance upon her. (They did take some time out to
check out the floor under our friend's daughter's chair as well. At five
or six herself, she wasn't a whole lot neater than my daughter.) The
dogs also got the rest of the table leavings after dinner, on top of
their kibble. That was most of ten years ago and they're still healthy.
Getting gray and slower, but generally healthy. (They're not the ones
who had to deal with the raccoon they treed several years ago ...)

Morgan

Old October 5th 05, 05:33 PM
marie

"Morgan" morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom wrote in message
SNIP

What kind of dog is Macula? (note that I haven't had a dog in thirty
years)

She's a Dawg--meaning "I'm really not sure."

When we got her as a puppy, the rescue group told us she was
Shepherd/Lab/Pointer mix. But by the time she was 1yo, enough people who
know about such things (including all the stuff I read) insisted that she
was Border CollieX I'm convinced she is. She's intelligent, creative and
Stubborn as heck: but I can trust her around the boys and, while she chases
the cats, she hasn't tried to eat them.

A friend of ours has a couple of mixed breeds, mostly hound of some sort.
They were about five or six when my daughter started eating real food in a
high chair in their presence. She was a little unnerved by their
near-constant attendance upon her. (They did take some time out to check
out the floor under our friend's daughter's chair as well. At five or six
herself, she wasn't a whole lot neater than my daughter.)

I've been watching the boys since posting this, and I've realized that a
*lot* more food is ending up in their mouths and a *lot* less has been
ending up on the floor lately. No wonder Macula is becoming so concerned
;-)

Marie
See pictures of Macula and the "Puppies" at

RPDB stats shelly Dog breeds 51 June 17th 05 03:24 PM
Breed Stats So Far Leah Dog behavior 28 July 16th 03 01:52 PM