Radio Collar's

Old September 9th 05, 11:31 PM

Default Radio Collar's

My wife and I just bought a new home which has a wireless fence
installed. The collar they left is too big for my two little Shih
Tzu's, so when I called to ask how much a collar would be (everything
else installed and works perfectly) the guy told me $250 each. Did
some looking online and there are are tons of these things for $100 or
less, including some PetSafe models but the sales guy said it would not
work with my system. As I understand it these things broadcast on a
frequency.... can that be changed? $250 for a collar seems steeeep!

Old September 9th 05, 11:46 PM
culprit

wrote in message
ups.com...

My wife and I just bought a new home which has a wireless fence
installed. The collar they left is too big for my two little Shih
Tzu's, so when I called to ask how much a collar would be (everything
else installed and works perfectly) the guy told me $250 each. Did
some looking online and there are are tons of these things for $100 or
less, including some PetSafe models but the sales guy said it would not
work with my system. As I understand it these things broadcast on a
frequency.... can that be changed? $250 for a collar seems steeeep!

buy any collar you like, remove the little electronic bit, and fit it onto
the new collar. you may need to pound holes in the new collar using a
hammer and large nails. it's quite simple. our dogs chew through plastic
clip collars, so we had to change ours to metal clips. it was a simple
procedure.

-kelly

Old September 10th 05, 12:35 AM
Spot

Save yourself future heartache and put that money towards buying a real
fence. The electronic fences do not stop unwanted dogs & other animals from
coming into your yard. As small as your dogs are it wouldn't take much for
another animal to kill them if they were attacked.

I have an ecollar for training but I would never use an electronic fence
just for this reason. Plus they just don't phase some dogs and they either
figure out how to drain the battery and pass without a shock or they run
over it and won't come back because they know they will get zapped again.

Celeste

ups.com...

Old September 10th 05, 06:38 AM
Jeff Dege

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:31:29 -0700, brettjbyers wrote:

My wife and I just bought a new home which has a wireless fence
installed. The collar they left is too big for my two little Shih
Tzu's, so when I called to ask how much a collar would be (everything
else installed and works perfectly) the guy told me $250 each. Did
some looking online and there are are tons of these things for $100 or
less, including some PetSafe models but the sales guy said it would not
work with my system. As I understand it these things broadcast on a
frequency.... can that be changed? $250 for a collar seems steeeep!

I'd not trust one that cost less.

Remember - if you're going to use that thing (and I wouldn't, and I'm an
advocate of e-collar training) - your dog will be wearing it in all
weathers.

Dogs have been seriously injured when their collars shorted out.

You want one that is absolutely reliable, and absolutely waterproof.

--
b0VIM 6.3
Old September 10th 05, 01:17 PM
AnimalBehaviorForensicSciencesResearchLaboratory@H