Should i use Frontline or Frontline plus? Summer is almost over.

Old September 15th 05, 04:22 PM

Default Should i use Frontline or Frontline plus? Summer is almost over.

From what i've read, Frontline Plus lasts longer than the regular
Frontline.Summer is almost over and i think {yes,no?}the fleas will be
less of a problem in the fall when the weather cools.I'm in Southern
Calif.so perhaps fleas are year-round,i don't know.Would it be wiser to
purchase the regular Frontline and use the Plus in the spring when
fleas become more active? I don't want to spend the extra money if it
isn't necessary.Thanks.

Old September 15th 05, 06:25 PM
Sharon

From what i've read, Frontline Plus lasts longer than the regular
Frontline.Summer is almost over and i think {yes,no?}the fleas will be
less of a problem in the fall when the weather cools.I'm in Southern
Calif.so perhaps fleas are year-round,i don't know.Would it be wiser to
purchase the regular Frontline and use the Plus in the spring when
fleas become more active? I don't want to spend the extra money if it
isn't necessary.Thanks.

Frontline is for fleas.

Frontline Plus is for fleas and ticks.

That's the only difference. If your weather doesn't include a couple freeze
cycles with a pattern of caold weather, then you may want to apply the
Frontline every month. It totally depends on your local flea situation.

Old September 15th 05, 09:43 PM
Suja

Sharon wrote:

Frontline is for fleas.

Frontline Plus is for fleas and ticks.

Not exactly. Both products are for fleas and ticks, although they are
not 100% against ticks. Frontline Plus has an extra ingredient called
(S)-Methoprene, which in addition to killing adult fleas, also kills
eggs and larvae. Frontline Plus is generally recommended for animals
with a severe flea problem or live in places with serious flea infestation.

Suja
Old September 15th 05, 09:46 PM
Spot

Even when we don't have a severe infestation my choice is Frontline Plus due
to the fact that it sterilizes any eggs that the current fleas leave behind
therefore breaking the life cycle. I don't treat unless we get fleas and I
find that using two rounds of Frontline Plus on everyone completely takes
care of the problems till next time. Which is only maybe every 9 months
around here

Celeste