Best Guard/Herd Dog ?

Old September 17th 05, 07:36 PM
Dog Fighting

Default Best Guard/Herd Dog ?

I was thinking that to improve the current selection of Purebred
Guard/Herd dogs we could cross-breed some Tosa into them, to allow to
defend against wolves, panthers and cougars.

Perhaps, Pyrennes and Tosa or Tibetan or Burmese ?

Has any initiative such as this ever been contemplated ?

Comments Welcome

--
Ask Your ISP to add these:

alt.sport.dog-fighting
alt.pets.dogs.dog-fighting-breeds
alt.pets.dogs.breed-specific-legislation
Old September 18th 05, 02:01 AM
Christy

"Dog Fighting" wrote in message
. ..
I was thinking that to improve the current selection of Purebred
Guard/Herd dogs we could cross-breed some Tosa into them, to allow to
defend against wolves, panthers and cougars.

Perhaps, Pyrennes and Tosa or Tibetan or Burmese ?

I'd like to see you try to breed a Tosa to a Burmese. Someone is going to
get scratched silly that day.

Christy

Old September 18th 05, 04:11 AM
Jade Jago

*lol*
I can just see the cat wrapped around the dogs head, hair on end, claws dug
in, screeching, spitting, and yowling!
Too funny.
Jade.

Old September 18th 05, 05:00 AM
dejablues

"Jade Jago" wrote in message
u...
*lol*
I can just see the cat wrapped around the dogs head, hair on end, claws

dug
in, screeching, spitting, and yowling!
Too funny.
Jade.

I thought he meant Burmese Python!

Old September 18th 05, 05:17 AM
Christy

"Dog Fighting" wrote in message
news
Christy wrote:

I'd like to see you try to breed a Tosa to a Burmese. Someone is going

get scratched silly that day.

Christy

Pardon ?

A Burmese is a breed of cat.

Christy

Old September 18th 05, 07:45 AM
White Monkey

"Christy" wrote in message

"Dog Fighting" wrote in message
. ..
I was thinking that to improve the current selection of Purebred
Guard/Herd dogs we could cross-breed some Tosa into them, to allow to
defend against wolves, panthers and cougars.

Perhaps, Pyrennes and Tosa or Tibetan or Burmese ?

I'd like to see you try to breed a Tosa to a Burmese. Someone is going to
get scratched silly that day.

Christy

Ahh, I thought he meant a python!
--Katrina

Old September 18th 05, 10:24 PM
Sionnach

"Dog Fighting" wrote: in message
. ..
I was thinking that to improve the current selection of Purebred
Guard/Herd dogs

Do you mean flock guardians, or do you mean dogs that are dual purpose
herders/drovers and guard dogs (such as Rottwielers)? They're not at all the
same thing.