Moogli is spoiled

Old September 20th 05, 01:52 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Moogli is spoiled

Ever since he has been little (err, littler), his crate has had a pillow in
it. Over the weekend, after taking off the pillowcase to be washed, I
forgot to put the pillow back in his cage. Later on, when I asked him to
go into his cage (we were going out for a while) he hid under the bed until
I put the pillow back in the cage, at which point he got in the cage
voluntarily, and spent the next 15 minutes tring to dig through the
pillow...

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 20th 05, 02:54 PM
Judy

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
Ever since he has been little (err, littler), his crate has had a pillow

in
it. Over the weekend, after taking off the pillowcase to be washed, I
forgot to put the pillow back in his cage. Later on, when I asked him to
go into his cage (we were going out for a while) he hid under the bed

until
I put the pillow back in the cage, at which point he got in the cage
voluntarily, and spent the next 15 minutes tring to dig through the
pillow...

Clearly you trained him to expect a certain level of standards and he was
able to make his point clear when you neglected to maintain those standards.
It's not spoiled to insist that things necessary for his comfort in your
absence be in place. Would you have called it spoiled if you had forgotten
the little rugrat's pacifier and she cried to let you know?

At least that what Sassy and Spenser say. They also suggest that you should
make amends by NOT going out and leaving Moogli alone in his crate. Maybe
ever again. But then, they *are* a little spoiled.

~~Judy

Old September 20th 05, 03:00 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Judy" wrote in
:

[...]

Would I call it spoiled?? Not with Gen in hearing range.

At least that what Sassy and Spenser say. They also suggest that you
should make amends by NOT going out and leaving Moogli alone in his
crate. Maybe ever again. But then, they *are* a little spoiled.

Well, depending on the rules of the Condo complex that the in-laws are
looking at moving into, Moogli might end up having a buddy in the new year.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 20th 05, 05:41 PM
Rocky

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Well, depending on the rules of the Condo complex that the
in-laws are looking at moving into, Moogli might end up
having a buddy in the new year.

Why would they consider such a place?

Old September 20th 05, 05:46 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Rocky wrote in
:

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Well, depending on the rules of the Condo complex that the
in-laws are looking at moving into, Moogli might end up
having a buddy in the new year.

Why would they consider such a place?

Damned if I know? They own a dog, but they are not dog people. (If that
makes any sense).

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 20th 05, 06:39 PM
Rocky

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Why would they consider such a place?

Damned if I know? They own a dog, but they are not dog
people. (If that makes any sense).

Heh. I know exactly what you mean. Such people are good for
business.

Old September 20th 05, 07:24 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Rocky wrote in
:

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Why would they consider such a place?

Damned if I know? They own a dog, but they are not dog
people. (If that makes any sense).

Heh. I know exactly what you mean. Such people are good for
business.

But also bad for blood pressure.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 20th 05, 07:34 PM
Rocky

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Heh. I know exactly what you mean. Such people are good
for business.

But also bad for blood pressure.

No more poutine for you!

Old September 20th 05, 07:42 PM

on 2005-09-20 at 18:24 wrote:

But also bad for blood pressure.

but but but... pets are supposed to lower blood pressure, so
when you end up adding their dog to your household, everything
will even out. right?

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old September 20th 05, 07:45 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

shelly wrote in
arble.net:

on 2005-09-20 at 18:24 wrote:

But also bad for blood pressure.

but but but... pets are supposed to lower blood pressure, so
when you end up adding their dog to your household, everything
will even out. right?

Yup. Despite the dog being Moogli's mother, you couldn't find dogs with
personalities more opposed when it comes to humans. Moogli is a velcro dog.
His ideal place to relax is a close to you as he could get. He hasn't
figured out how to inhabit the same space that I am occupying, but I think
that he is working on it.

Cocotte on the other hand, once she gets past the "Yayyy, you are here and
are new!!" greeting (about 10 minutes) is kinda aloof.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/